Vietnam's second game in men's football at the 31st Southeast Asian (SEA) Games with the Philippines ended goalless on Sunday night.
Both Vietnam and the Philippines were off to a great start at the tournament two days ago after their 3-0 and 4-0 wins over Indonesia and Timor Leste, respectively.
Heavy rain did not stop spectators from filling up Viet Tri Stadium in the northern Vietnamese province of Phu Tho Province to cheer for the hosts.
While most of Vietnam's shots either went over the bar or were side netted, the Philippines' finishes did not cause Vietnamese goalkeeper Nguyen Van Toan any troubles.
The first 45 minutes ended without a goal although Vietnam pushed forward and controlled the game most of the time.
Vietnam were threatening the Philippines' goal with many chances created from corners five minutes after the restart.
However, the Golden Stars had difficulty finding a way into the opponent's goal, and their shots needed more accuracy.
Meanwhile, the Philippine defense remained effective until the last added minute.
The 0-0 draw saw the Philippines retaining their top position in Group A, right above Vietnam, although the two sides are now level on four points as the Philippines have scored four goals compared to Vietnam's three.
Vietnam will play Myanmar on May 13.
The 31st SEA Games will take place in Hanoi and 11 neighboring provinces and cities from May 12 to 23, with some events set to commence a few days before the opening ceremony, including men's and women's football, kickboxing, diving, futsal, and Kurash.
The biennial event was originally scheduled to be held from November 21 to December 2, 2021 but was postponed after Vietnam saw a flare-up of COVID-19 cases in late April the same year.
The tournament will be attended by 11 delegations from Southeast Asian nations and consist of 526 categories in 40 sports.
Over 7,878 athletes, coaches, and members of the 11 sports delegations have registered for the event.
- Vietnam draw against top Spanish futsal club in friendly
- Cambodia forms first-ever women's football team for 2023 SEA Games
- ‘Gaguhan’: SEA Games’ ‘P55-million kaldero’ draws flak from celebs
- Vietnam faces crisis in defense in football match against Australia
- NS defaulter Ben Davis called up for Thai provisional team for 2019 SEA Games
- Record-breaking Australia beat Vietnam in World Cup qualifying
- Typhoon Jolina makes 2nd, 3rd landfalls in island towns of Samar province
- International Army Games 2021 officially opened
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 5
- FIFA World Cup Qualifiers: Australia Set Record Beating Vietnam, Japan Bounce Back from Oman Loss
- South China Sea Buildup Brings Beijing Closer to Realizing Control
- Photos show near-collision of US warship and 'aggressive' Chinese destroyer in South China Sea
- Pentagon Accuses Beijing of Endangering Freedom of Navigation Amid South China Sea Spat
- South China Sea clash: The US-China aircraft flashpoint amid Philippines row
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 23
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 5
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 29
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 3
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 25
- Vietnam captain talks World Cup dream with FIFA
Vietnam draw goalless against Philippines in SEA Games 2nd match have 504 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at May 9, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.