What looks like an official Gigabyte product registration on the Eurasian Economic Commission regulator website hints at an impending launch of refreshed Radeon RX 6X50 series graphics cards. This is interesting in its own right, with model numbers indicating Gigabyte is preparing to launch AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT, RX 6750 XT, and RX 6650 XT models, plus a couple of low-spec RX 6400 models for good measure. These will look to compete with the best graphics cards , and prolific hardware leaker momomo_us has thrown in some early pricing from Australia that suggests AMD may hope to sell the RX 6950 XT for more than Nvidia’s GeForce RTX 3090 Ti . Or perhaps more likely is that the retailer is hoping to capitalize on early adopters with an inflated price.
Above you can see a screen grab showing the newly unearthed EEC listing, with the graphics card models highlighted. You can see references made to models like the “GV-R695XTAORUSX WB-16GD, GV-R695XTGAMING OC-16GD, GV-R695XTGAMING-16GD.” These are typical Gigabyte codenames, eschewing zeros in the graphics card designations. GV-R69XTAORUSX WB-16GD ). As implied by the name, the card comes equipped with a water block (WB) card, for those with liquid cooled PC setups. The other two RX 6950 XT cards look to be Gigabyte branded members of the Gaming family, one with a factory overclock.
Bringing up the rear, the EEC listing includes a pair of RX 6400 graphics cards. Originally, AMD said the RX 6400 would be an OEM-only part for system builders, but it looks increasingly likely that we’ll see the card at retail. Performance will naturally be slower than the already rather anemic RX 6500 XT , however, so hopefully the price will make up for the lack of performance and features.
Australian Pricing Indicators
As noted earlier, momomo_us linked to some Australian etailers advertising graphics cards with the GV-R695XTGAMING-OC-16GD codename. Oddly, all sites linked describe the graphics card as a Radeon RX 6900 XT, not RX 6950 XT, but they’re using the new codename.
Prices for the GV-R695XTGAMING-OC-16GD are between Au$3,241 and Au$3,320. In one screenshot you can see that this is about the same price as some models of the GeForce RTX 3090 Ti. Convert that to USD and subtract VAT and the price for an RX 6950 XT is around the $2,150 mark, at least according to these early listings. the $1,999 MSRP , as long as you are happy with a triple fan air-cooled design. Whether the Australian online prices are just placeholders and may change on release remains to be seen. starting at $1,070 , with an additional $50 mail-in rebate. That’s a far cry from the $2,000+ prices we saw last year at the height of the cryptocurrency mining boom, but GPU prices are dropping rapidly and there are rumors of AMD and Nvidia oversupply. Even with custom liquid-cooled cards, it’s difficult to imagine an upgraded RX 6900 XT with faster RAM and higher clocks going for basically double that price.
- AMD RX 6600 XT vs. RX 6700 XT vs. RX 5700 XT | Digital Trends
- AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Sets 3.2GHz World Record | Digital Trends
- AMD RX 6800 XT and RX 6800 Review: AMD Finally Does Ray Tracing
- AMD RX 6700 XT Lands on Steam Survey as CPU Share Edges Up
- AMD's budget-oriented Radeon RX 6600 could launch as soon as next month
- Gigabyte M32U Monitor Review: 4K Gaming Without the Fluff | Digital Trends
- MSI Radeon RX 470 Gaming X Review
- The best cheap graphics card prices and deals for October 2021
- Sapphire's Radeon RX 6600 Listed Weeks Ahead of Launch
- The hype is here: AMD’s RX Vega gives Nvidia plenty to worry about
- Retailer reveals Radeon RX 6600 GPU, another card you probably won’t be able to buy
- The AMD Radeon RX 6600 is here to take on the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060
- Australia spinner Nathan Lyon expects ‘full-strength’ England squad for upcoming Ashes tour
- Lamenting high COE prices will never go out of style, but we've already accepted our lot
- Best 144Hz Monitors For 2021: LG Tops Our List
- Carbon dioxide industry strikes supply deal as energy prices surge
- MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X and Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 Amp Edition Review
- Intel Officially Announces Its 11th-Gen CPUs, and I'm Excited
- Battlefield 2042 Open Beta Dates Announced; PC Requirements Revealed
- The Best Cheap GPU Deals and Sales for September 2021 | Digital Trends
Gigabyte RX 6950 XT Australia Listing Hints at Extreme Prices have 699 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at April 13, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.