Call it crisis management with a grin. Exercise equipment maker Peloton , faced with a stock price that slumped on Friday after HBO's new And Just Like That… tied a major plot twist to its workout cycle, has come back with a winking nod to the episode.
On Friday, shares in Peloton fell 5% on twice their normal trading volume to close at $38.51. The stock has been off all year, with a lot of momentum lost as people return to gyms as the pandemic wanes. But the Friday hit so soon after the controversial HBO Max episode on Thursday raised eyebrows.
SPOILER ALERT: Don't read past this line if you haven't seen the And Just Like That… episode.
The first episode of the revived Sex and the City series, which launched Thursday on HBO Max, ends with a shocking twist.
After a workout on his Peloton bike, Mr. Big (Chris Noth) dies in a post-workout shower. He had suffered heart problems in the original series, but showrunner Michael Patrick King (who wrote the first two episodes of the revival) shocked the audience by removing a major character so soon.
Peloton, which dealt with another crisis two years ago only to see Ryan Reynolds capitalize on it in a humorous way, struck back today with a new advertisement that bowed online, featuring Noth and the Peloton instructor who pushed him to his untimely exit.
"To new beginnings," said Noth, as the two sit cozily in front of a fire. He then suggests they take an off-screen ride, as the voice-over extolls the cardio-vascular benefits of regular exercise to those who may have been put-off by the HBO Max twist.
The caption on the video: "And just like that…he's alive."
Reynolds, who does the voice over, posted the same ad to his Twitter feed, adding "Unspoiler alert" and "@OnePeloton."
— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) December 12, 2021
- Step Aside, MCU: Here’s All the DC Universe Content You Can Stream on HBO Max
- ‘Search Party’ Renewed For Season 5 By HBO Max; Creators Sarah-Violet Bliss & Charles Rogers Ink Overall Deal With Streamer
- 12 of the best TV shows to binge-watch on HBO Max
- HBO Max Orbit Interactive Digital Experience To Debut At SXSW Online
- WarnerMedia Chief Jason Kilar Addresses HBO Max AVOD Plans And Progress So Far: “It’s Working”
- HBO Max accounts jump to 17.2 million after Wonder Woman 1984's debut
- ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ Hits $16.7M At Domestic B.O. In Face Of HBO Max Release; Record For Pandemic, But 84% Lower Than First Pic’s Opening
- HBO Max is a huge success for AT&T and is expanding to 60 new markets
- HBO Max AVOD Plans Remain Under Wraps, But Kids & Family Upfront Splash Points The Way
- HBO Max vs. Netflix: How to choose when you can't afford both
- What’s new on HBO and HBO Max, and what’s leaving in March 2021
- HBO Max Will Hit 120M To 150M Subscribers By 2025, With AVOD Tier Launching In June, AT&T Says
- The Snyder Cut Has Already Done Its Job for HBO Max
- ‘Vegas High’: HBO Max Drama Pilot Adds Six Series Regulars To Cast
- Elizabeth Banks, Issa Rae & Mindy Kaling Set New Comedy Series At HBO Max
- WarnerMedia Unveils Ambitious Preschool And Kids Blocks On HBO Max, Cartoon Network; Preschool Slate To Reach 50 Originals By 2023
- Want to Sign Up for HBO Max? Grab This 20% Off Deal Before it Expires at the End of February
- Tom & Jerry on HBO Max: How to Watch, release date, cast
- WarnerMedia Execs Talk HBO Max’s “Swipey” Interface, Distribution Plan, State Of HBO – CES
- Adventure Time returns on HBO Max: 6 reasons you don't want to miss it
HBO Max’s ‘…And Just Like That’ Zinged In New Fast-Reaction Peloton Ad have 612 words, post on deadline.com at December 12, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.