According to the media outlet, the volcano has been active since Monday and has repeatedly spewed columns of ash up to 0.6 miles. At least 13 hot lava flows descended from the volcano on Tuesday morning. There have been no immediate reports about evacuations or damage. pic.twitter.com/ojqLhX45tQ — MAGMA Indonesia (@id_magma) March 2, 2021 The 2,460-meter (8,530-feet) Sinabung was dormant for about four centuries before exploding in 2010. It has since sporadically been active. Sinabung is among more than 120 active volcanoes in Indonesia, which is prone to seismic impact, as it is located on the so-called Pacific Ring of Fire, a major area in the ocean where many earthquakes and volcanic eruptions occur.
- Mexican villagers beseech volcano goddess for rain, safety
- VIDEO: Lava spews overnight from Europe's most active volcano
- Mount Etna erupts in Italy, sending ash and lava into the sky
- Volcano Watch: New insights gained from Kilauea summit collapses
- 'Coalnado' dust devil spotted near mine in West Virginia
- Hardships from Hawaii volcano stretch on 1 year later
- Nearing 90 Degrees Today. Longest Days of 2019
- Volcano erupts on Italian island of Stromboli, kills one person
- Hawaii eruption caused $94M loss in area near national park
- Raikoke volcano seen erupting in incredible image from space
- 7.3 magnitude earthquake strikes eastern Indonesia, causes panic
- 39 years ago: Mount St. Helens woke up and blew her top
Indonesia's Sinabung Volcano Spews Nearly 3-Mile Ash Column Into Sky - Video have 212 words, post on sputniknews.com at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.