Blackmagic Design has updated its popular video-editing apps DaVinci Resolve and DaVinci Fusion, adding native M1 Mac support. Following the public beta that had launched in November, DaVinci Resolve 17.1 is now available to the public in the official update channel. The update brings full native support for the M1-powered variants of the 13-inch MacBook Pro , MacBook Air , and Mac mini . Previously, DaVinci Resolve had only run on M1 Macs using Rosetta 2 translation. Native M1 support allows the software to take full advantage of Apple Silicon’s performance. Apple’s chip has up to a 3.5x faster CPU, 6x faster GPU, and 15x faster machine learning than Intel Macs. The M1-friendly update carries over the 100 new features and 200 improvements from DaVinci Resolve 17 . That list includes significant updates to the Fairlight audio workstation and color grading toolset with broader user interface upgrades. It also adds: new HDR color correction tools mesh- and grid-based color warpers improved color management and color-space-aware tools magic mask automatic object isolation powered by DaVinci’s neural engine VFX suite DaVinci Fusion now also supports M1 Macs natively Blackmagic also updated its VFX software, DaVinci Fusion, to support the M1 chip. Fusion… Read full this story
- 5 best free or cheap video editors for your Mac
- Mac Pro 2018 (or 2019) preview
- Blackmagic Design dramatically cuts price of Fusion 9 Studio to $299
- The new Mac Pro changes the game for creative pros – will they keep playing with it?
- 5 top ways to run Windows on a Mac
- Samsung’s 2016 TV lineup joins the Chromecast to support HDR on YouTube
- How Apple could fix the Mac App Store
- No phone, no problem: How to use Instagram on your PC or Mac
- Google preps for MacOS High Sierra, adds Apple File System support
- Parallels Desktop 13 and VMWare Fusion 10 add MacBook Pro Touch Bar support
- To Mac or Not to Mac?
- Grading for grit: How colorists conveyed the emotion of a social justice movement
DaVinci Resolve and Fusion now officially support M1 Macs have 312 words, post on appleinsider.com at March 10, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.