Blackmagic Design has updated its popular video-editing apps DaVinci Resolve and DaVinci Fusion, adding native M1 Mac support.
Following the public beta that had launched in November, DaVinci Resolve 17.1 is now available to the public in the official update channel. The update brings full native support for the M1-powered variants of the 13-inch MacBook Pro , MacBook Air , and Mac mini .
Previously, DaVinci Resolve had only run on M1 Macs using Rosetta 2 translation. Native M1 support allows the software to take full advantage of Apple Silicon’s performance. Apple’s chip has up to a 3.5x faster CPU, 6x faster GPU, and 15x faster machine learning than Intel Macs.
The M1-friendly update carries over the 100 new features and 200 improvements from DaVinci Resolve 17 . That list includes significant updates to the Fairlight audio workstation and color grading toolset with broader user interface upgrades.
It also adds:
- new HDR color correction tools
- mesh- and grid-based color warpers
- improved color management and color-space-aware tools
- magic mask automatic object isolation powered by DaVinci’s neural engine
Blackmagic also updated its VFX software, DaVinci Fusion, to support the M1 chip. Fusion 17.1 implements all of Fusion 17’s updates, which includes 27 GPU-accelerated Resolve effects and new animation curve modifiers.
Both DaVinci Resolve 17.1 and DaVinci Fusion 17.1 are bundled in the free version of DaVinci Resolve that has a relatively full feature set. The premium standalone versions — DaVinci Resolve Studio and DaVinci Fusion Studio — are separate apps that each cost $299 for a lifetime license. They’re available in the Mac App Store and on the developer website .
- Laser Could Rival Sun's Energy
- Apple Watch will prompt owners to wash their hands properly for at least 20 seconds to help prevent the spread of illness with new watchOS 7 update
- “Enough is enough”: Why George Floyd’s killing resonated so deeply in Colorado
- Google's Android Studio 4.0 is out: Motion Editor, Build Analyzer, Java 8 language APIs
DaVinci Resolve and Fusion now officially support M1 Macs have 321 words, post on appleinsider.com at March 10, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.