Blackmagic Design has updated its popular video-editing apps DaVinci Resolve and DaVinci Fusion, adding native M1 Mac support.
Following the public beta that had launched in November, DaVinci Resolve 17.1 is now available to the public in the official update channel. The update brings full native support for the M1-powered variants of the 13-inch MacBook Pro , MacBook Air , and Mac mini .
Previously, DaVinci Resolve had only run on M1 Macs using Rosetta 2 translation. Native M1 support allows the software to take full advantage of Apple Silicon’s performance. Apple’s chip has up to a 3.5x faster CPU, 6x faster GPU, and 15x faster machine learning than Intel Macs.
The M1-friendly update carries over the 100 new features and 200 improvements from DaVinci Resolve 17 . That list includes significant updates to the Fairlight audio workstation and color grading toolset with broader user interface upgrades.
It also adds:
- new HDR color correction tools
- mesh- and grid-based color warpers
- improved color management and color-space-aware tools
- magic mask automatic object isolation powered by DaVinci’s neural engine
Blackmagic also updated its VFX software, DaVinci Fusion, to support the M1 chip. Fusion 17.1 implements all of Fusion 17’s updates, which includes 27 GPU-accelerated Resolve effects and new animation curve modifiers.
Both DaVinci Resolve 17.1 and DaVinci Fusion 17.1 are bundled in the free version of DaVinci Resolve that has a relatively full feature set. The premium standalone versions — DaVinci Resolve Studio and DaVinci Fusion Studio — are separate apps that each cost $299 for a lifetime license. They’re available in the Mac App Store and on the developer website .
- HCMC residents in heated debate with officials over urban area project
- HCM City supports OV enterprises
- Twitter might be ending development for its official Mac app
- Party official pays Christmas visit to Protestant community
- Trump offers to help resolve Gulf crisis, UAE tightens squeeze on Qatar
- League officials pass the buck
- Vietnam, Cuba renew resolve to deepen ties
- Bản in : Vietnam, Russia resolved to intensify comprehensive strategic ties
- "Vietnam Accession to WTO: Time for a New Itinerary", VCCI Official
- Resolved to Create New Acceleration in Investment Attraction
- Vietnam, Russia resolved to intensify comprehensive strategic ties
- Kerry seeks EU support on Syria after G20 split
- Vietnam must fight corruption: official
- Da Nang supports businesses
- Vietnam leaderâs visit to Laos illustrates resolve to boost solidarity
- The world unites to resolve migrant crisis
- New US Ambassador affirms strong support for Vietnam - Viet Nam - News
- Trump open to signing Russia sanctions legislation -official
- EU supports ASEAN’s central role in forming regional structure in East Asia
- Russian tourists stuck in Binh Thuan supported to go home
DaVinci Resolve and Fusion now officially support M1 Macs have 426 words, post on appleinsider.com at March 10, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.