Apple on Friday announced the discontinuation of the full-size HomePod , saying it plans to focus on production and development of the HomePod mini. Apple informed TechCrunch of the product’s end of life in a statement today. HomePod mini has been a hit since its debut last fall, offering customers amazing sound, an intelligent assistant, and smart home control all for just $99. We are focusing our efforts on HomePod mini. We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care. The company plans to sell remaining HomePod units until stock is depleted, though Apple’s online storefront is already sold out of Space Gray models. Support will also continue until the product is declared obsolete. Announced at WWDC 2017, HomePod was Apple’s first foray into the smart speaker market and provided users voice access to Siri and HomeKit without an accompanying iPhone, iPad or Mac. Powered by an A8 processor, the device featured cutting-edge audio technology like beamforming microphones, adaptive audio, an advanced echo cancellation system and more…. Read full this story
- Apple already controls your life, now HomePod wants your home
- Apple HomeKit: Everything you need to know
- Apple iPad Mini is finally heading for the chop, report says
- Apple's iOS 11.4 Update Finally Delivers on Last Year's Promises for HomePod, iMessage
- iOS 13 vs. Android 10: Where Apple, Google win and lose
- iOS 13 vs. Android 10: Where Apple and Google are now
- iOS 13 vs. Android 10: How Apple and Google match up
- Apple AirPods, HomePod, Watch Will Not Escape Trump's China Tariffs
- Apple rolling out latest software updates for iPhone, Apple Watch and Apple TV
- Apple Said to Ready Camera-Focused Pro iPhone Models, New iPad Lineup, Larger MacBook Pro
- Will HomeKit and HomePod get any attention at WWDC?
- Best music streaming app: Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal, Amazon and Google Play compared
Apple discontinues full-size HomePod, to focus on HomePod mini have 320 words, post on appleinsider.com at March 13, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.