AT&T announced on Friday that it plans to launch a cheaper ad-supported version of HBO Max in June.
The telecom giant has only released minimal detail on the plan. It hasn’t yet announced pricing or an exact release date for the upcoming cheaper tier.
AT&T expects the ad-supported HBO Max tier to combine with global expansion to drive subscriber and revenue growth in 2021. HBO Max will launch in 60 markets outside of the US in 2021. These will include 39 Latin America and the Caribbean territories in late June and 21 European territories in the second half of 2021.
The company anticipates ending the year with between 67 and 70 million subscribers. The service had around 61 million subscribers at the end of 2020.
The company expects its HBO unit to more than double its revenue in the next five years.
In response to the pandemic, Warner Bros is releasing 17 films , including “The Matrix 4” and “Dune” to HBO Max for an entire month alongside theatrical releases. While some film industry veterans have criticized the move, fearing it will hasten the demise of the traditional movie theater, it also allows movie fans to see blockbusters at home.
HBO Max launched in May 2020. The service offers the entire back catalog of HBO series and films and extra content from parent company Warner Media. The library also includes classic series like “Friends,” “Sesame Street,” “Rick and Morty,” and “Big Bang Theory.”
Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod . Say, “Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider,” and you’ll get latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for “AppleInsider Daily” instead and you’ll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you’re interested in Apple-centric home automation, say “Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider,” and you’ll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.
- FAA considered grounding some Boeing 737 Max planes last year: source
- Taiwan's traditional medicine stores struggle on life support
- Men’s football demands peak Asiad 2018 ad prices in Vietnam
- Vietnam’s supporting industries attract Korean businesses
- Stagnant supporting industries hamper apparel export
- Supporting industries key to FDI attraction in 2016
- Indonesia"s Garuda cancelling 49 Boeing 737 MAX 8 plane orders after crashes
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR JUNE 20-30 (daily updated)
- 'Reverse Greenland', anyone? Scots eye post-Brexit EU options
- EU outlines options for change to asylum system
- Beijing’s South China Sea options, from benign to belligerent
- FTAs opening options for overseas investors
- Exploring alternate options in energy
- Vietnam to shake up supporting industries to seize free trade opportunities
- Options open up in logistics sector
- Twitter explores subscription-based option for first time
- Few bank stock options for foreigners
- Vietnam, Japan stand ready to well come US’s return to TPP
- Weekly press digest – June 9-15
- Iran says can quit nuclear deal if US keeps adding sanctions
Ad-supported HBO Max option coming in June have 480 words, post on appleinsider.com at March 12, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.