Apple this week posted repairability scores for flagship iPhone and Mac products in France, a measure mandated by the country’s government in January.
The listings, known as repair indexes, are now displayed on official Apple Store app purchase pages and on Apple’s website, reports MacGeneration . Current-generation flagship devices including the iPhone 12 , iPhone 11 and iPhone SE series, as well as MacBook Pro and MacBook Air models, carry the informational mark designed to offer insight into a product’s life cycle.
Separately, Apple has posted a dedicated webpage on its French website with links to detailed repair index reports covering documentation; disassembly, access and tools; parts availability; parts pricing; and software and services support. Indexes are self-reported and assigned based on cumulative scores in a range of sub-categories.
All models in the current iPhone 12 series were assigned a score of 6 out of 10. The iPhone 11 and 11 Pro received a 4.6, while their larger stablemate, the iPhone 11 Pro Max, came in with a score of 4.5. Apple rated its iPhone SE 2 at 6.2. On the Mac side, the 2020 MacBook Air ranked the highest with a score of 6.5 out of 10, followed by the 2020 16-inch MacBook Pro at 6.3, and the 2020 13-inch MacBook Pro M1 at 5.6.
Apple has generated repair indexes for iPhone 12 Pro Max , iPhone 12 Pro , iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini , iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro , iPhone 11 Pro Max , iPhone SE (second-generation), iPhone XR, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone X , iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8 , iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 7 . MacBook Pro and MacBook Air models manufactured in 2018, 2019 and 2020 are also included.
France’s repairability index mandate went live on Jan. 1, and applies to manufacturers of smartphones, laptops, TVs, washing machines, and lawnmowers. The legislation was enacted to reduce waste and promote a circular economy. While producers assign their own scores, those claims can be refuted by competitors and officially scrutinized by the General Directorate for Competition Policy, Consumer Affairs and Fraud Control.
The development arrives as the European Union pushes to install consumer right to repair laws that could require companies like Apple to introduce product labels detailing device durability.
- Grab Public Attention With Unbeatable Performances of Apple 3G IPhone White and Nokia N96
- iPhone Complaints
- Nokia 5800 Xpress Music Versus 3G Apple iPhone - Comparison With Detailed Review
- MacBook Air - Thinnovation From Apple
- Apple iPhone - The Innovation in Technology
- Most Evident Reasons Not to Own an Apple iPhone
- Nine iPhone Killers
- Apple IPhone Vs HTC Touch Diamond - A Contest With Futuristic Outcomes
- More on iPhone Compared to Blackberry
- Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Tube Smart Phone Vs Apple iPhone
- Introducing Amazon Kindle For iPhone Applications
- Apple iPod Nano - Music of Genuine Digital Audio
- Apple MacBook - Visit All the Hotspots With the Most Advanced and Affordable MacBook
- LG Viewty Smart - Is it Better Than iPhone?
- The Real Competition is Here
- The MacBook Air - Ultrathin and Superlight - Does it Deliver? A Review
- Nokia N97 - The Full Review of the Latest Nokia Smartphone
- Top 10 Unique Gift Ideas For Geeks
- The Latest and Greatest Digital Movie Formats
Apple now displays iPhone and Mac repairability scores in France have 481 words, post on appleinsider.com at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.