AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
Apple saw revenue from its iPad line grow 41% in the 2021 holiday quarter, with the tablet bringing in $8.4 billion.
Apple spent 2020 refining its iPad lineup with hardware revisions across each model and improvements to iPadOS . After bringing desktop Safari and a mouse cursor to the OS users were able to perform more work from the tablet.
Those improvements and the move to work and school from home drove the iPad to new heights. Apple CEO Tim Cook commented on the state of the iPad during the quarterly earnings call, calling demand “very strong.” He later commented that some customers are using the device as a laptop replacement, others as a desktop companion.
Apple CFO Luca Maestri offered some additional color to iPad sales. He said the iPad set an all-time record in Japan during the quarter. Further, 451 Research found a 94% customer satisfaction rate for the product. Finally, he noted that more than half of customers buying Mac and iPad are new to the platform.
Apple updated the iPad Pro with LiDAR in the spring and released the Magic Keyboard with a trackpad. Then later in 2020 the company updated the iPad Air with the A14 processor, pro-like design, and Touch ID in the top button. Even the cheap 10.2-inch iPad was updated with a new processor.
Apple announced its record-breaking quarterly results on Wednesday with $111.4 billion in revenue. Each major category saw double digit growth in the holiday quarter.
- Ebix Q2 Revenues Rose 16% to a Record $144.3M
- Alphabet's stock is sinking after Q1 revenues miss Wall Street targets (GOOG, GOOGL)
- Roku Shares Up on Better-Than Expected Q1 Results
- Galaxy Gaming Reports Q1 2019 Financial Results
- Overstock.com Reports Q1 2019 Results
- Texas Capital Bancshares, Inc. Announces Operating Results for Q1 2019
- NeoGenomics reports record revenue of $96 million for Q1
- Healthcare Services Group, Inc. Reports Q1 Results, Cash Dividend Increase and 2019 Expectations
- CN reports solid Q1-2019 financial results with strong top-line growth
- Alphabet Q1 revenue falls short of estimates
- ConocoPhillips doubles its Q1 profits from last year
- American Axle Q1 net income falls 53% amid program changeovers
- Another Big Permian Shale Oil Producer Reports Mixed Q1
- Citi Survey: Homegrown Texas Firms See Demand Decline in Q1
- Pricey pickups drive GM profits in Q1
- Beasley Broadcast swings to a profit in Q1
- CVS earns $1.4B in Q1 following Aetna acquisition
- Genesco shares jump on Q1 beat
- HarborOne reports $2.1M profit in Q1
- Google stock drops amid slowing ad-revenue growth
iPad revenue grew 41% in Q1 amid pandemic have 423 words, post on appleinsider.com at January 27, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.