England’s coronavirus outbreak could have started to slow down before the national lockdown started on January 4, data suggest as infection numbers appeared to peak in the worst-hit regions at the start of the year. The tide appears to have turned in parts of the country experiencing the worst outbreaks – London, the South East and the East of England – in the first week of 2021, with cases coming down since then. Millions of people living in those areas were forced into gruelling Tier 4 restrictions the weekend before Christmas, ordered to stay at home for two weeks to try and control the new variant before the national lockdown started. Infection rates fell in most parts of the country at the start of January, suggesting local lockdown rules in place in December were having an effect but it wasn’t fast enough to satisfy ministers, who called a drastic national shutdown just days into the new year. National figures paint a similar picture, with the 45,533 new positive tests announced today marking a 25 per cent fall on this time last week and representing the third day in a row that the country’s infection rate has come down. It’s still… Read full this story
- New York Mets Starting Lineup: 1986 World Series Game 6
- New England Patriots vs New York Jets: 5 Matchups to Watch
- Fantasy football Start ‘Em, Sit ‘Em: How to set your lineups for Week 5
- Fantasy Football Week 7: Start or Sit?
- Man on Fire: How Iago Aspas Went from Liverpool Reject to World Cup Contender
- New England Patriots: Complete Mock 2017 Offseason
- NFL Power Rankings: Where Do Jets and Giants Start the Season
- NFL Power Rankings 2016: Atlanta Falcons Starting to Soar
- NFL Playoffs 2017: Ranking the Starting Quarterbacks
- Fantasy football Start ‘Em, Sit ‘Em: How to set your lineups for NFL Week 8
- 2017 NFL Mock Draft: Dalvin Cook makes his case
- NFL 2017: Ranking the 30 best pass-catching tight ends
Did England pass its peak BEFORE lockdown? Covid outbreaks started to slow at start of 2021 in Kent and other Tier 4 areas - but cases are still spiralling in Liverpool (so use our tool to work out how bad the situation is in YOUR area) have 305 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 12, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.