A slim majority of Americans want Donald Trump removed from office in the wake of his supporters’ murderous rampage through Congress, a new poll found Sunday. The ABC News/IPSOS survey shows support for removal at 54% compared to opposition at 43%. Trump could be removed immediately through being declared unfit under the 25th Amendment by Mike Pence and eight of the cabinet’s 15 most senior members, or by a fast-tracked impeachment this week – although that would need Mitch McConnell to change position to get on board. But the poll shows a bitter partisan split over removal with 94% of Democrats in support but just 13% of Republicans. Now pay the price: A majority of Americans want Trump removed for whipping up the mob which stormed the Capitol and which he addressed at a rally outside the White House before they marched up the National Mall and desecrated Congress Democrats are set to introduce a single article of impeachment Monday, accusing Trump of incitement to insurrection. But McConnell told Republican senators Friday that the senate could not take up an impeachment until January 20 unless there was the consent of all 100 senators to get on a fast track, which appears… Read full this story
- Legal fight for justice: American Civil Liberties Union gears up for assault on Trump administration
- Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation is a tragedy for the American people, but may be a blessing for the Democrats
- The world America made — and Trump wants to unmake
- POLITICO Brussels Playbook, presented by CEFIC: View from the East — Politics is a game show — Trump’s dumpster-fire day
- Professor Beril Dedeoğlu: Trump's aggressive attitude not a sustainable policy
- Alison Canavan's 100 simple ways to manage stress
- Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation solidifies Mitch McConnell's legacy
- UK Needs Bonking Boris
- Basketball's NBA under fire in China, at home over HK protest tweet
- How Spanish Mass Media Outlets Manipulate Information
- Full transcript: "Face the Nation" on September 2, 2018
- 2020 Sunday Trail Markers: Can a Democratic gov survive in Louisiana?
54% of Americans want Trump removed from office immediately in wake of Capitol riot - and 71% of people 'don't trust Ted Cruz with democracy' have 316 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 10, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.