TERRIFYING video shows a tourist being mauled by a shark while diving in a Red Sea resort popular with Brits. The oceanic whitetip shark lunged at the German woman’s neck and latched on before instructors pulled her away to safety. The victim, 42, was attacked on a diving trip in Marsa Alam in Egypt, which is famed for regular sightings of sharks on the reef offshore. Footage shows the moment of panic as the shark sinks its teeth into the woman and thrashes its tail as she spins away. A nearby instructor moves in to help pull the shark off her before the short clip ends. The local Masr Times said the brave instructor had to stop the shark twice more while the other three divers on the trip swam back to their boat.The injured German woman was taken to hospital where she had stitches for a large wound in her shoulder. Officials said her thick wet suit saved her from worse injury. The victim, who was not named, told German daily Bild: “I’m tired and exhausted, but very happy that all in all went so smoothly. “I’m alive and still have all four limbs and plenty of reason to… Read full this story
- Moment shark savages diver leaving blood pouring from holes in his leg
- Dead COWS wash up on Tenerife beaches, shocking tourists
- The moment a diver tries to escape from a shark before being bitten
- Why the Jaws shark is not a 'man-eating monster'
- You can't explain the popularity of Baby Shark, and that's the point
- What's behind the insane popularity of 'Baby Shark'? Let's examine.
- Blue Planet Live: Steve Backshall comes within INCHES of breathtaking sharks in BBC series
- Baby Shark has taken over the world. Here's who's responsible.
- SHARK ALERT: Warning after shark swims just METRES from beach at popular tourist hotspot
- Brit, 50, ‘drugged and raped' on Italy trip 'had attackers' DNA under nails'
- An editor's look at 32 years of the biggest stories making the biggest headlines
- Girl tells pal who pushed her off bridge she's changed life 'for worst'
Shocking moment woman is savaged by shark while diving in Red Sea resort popular with Brits have 339 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 4, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.