Long awaited: Tired of lugging around your clunky iPhone to listen to music on a jog or while exercising? Relief is here. The watchOS Spotify app is finally getting standalone playback. The beta feature will begin a slow rollout to Apple Watches starting today.
On Wednesday, Spotify announced that it is rolling out standalone streaming on the Apple Watch. Now users can listen to music or podcasts straight from their wrist without being tethered to their phone. With Siri voice control, which it introduced back in April, it should be easy and convenient to operate the app while exercising.
There are a few requirements to use the feature. Of course, since you won’t be relying on your phone, the watch must have access to a stable WiFi or cellular signal. You also need a set of Bluetooth headphones paired with your Apple Watch.
Yes! I’m now seeing it on my Apple Watch pic.twitter.com/YBSRXcILWF
— Chad Milburn (@cmilburndesign) November 3, 2020
While the Spotify watchOS app does work on all generations of Apple Watch, standalone playback is only available on Series 3 or later. You will also need to be updated to at least watchOS 6.0. However, Spotify recommends watchOS 7.1+ to enjoy full functionality.
Untethered playback has been a highly requested feature for quite some time, but Spotify only recently took up the challenge. 9to5Mac notes that the company first started testing it back in September with just a handful of users.
Even though standalone streaming is now available to a broader swath of users, it still in beta, so Spotify has it on a slow rollout. If you are not lucky enough to have the update yet, be patient.
Image credit: Moma Okgo
- Apple Watch, Garmin Vivoactive, Samsung Galaxy Watch on sale from $150
- Best Buy offers rare discount on latest Apple Watch (Series 5) for Memorial Day
- Now is your last chance to get the Apple Watch Series 5 at its lowest-ever price
- Apple AirPods Pro, Apple Watch Series 5 discounted ahead of Memorial Day
- AirPods Pro, Apple Watch Series 3 still on sale at Memorial Day prices
- eBay Flash Sale: Save on Apple Watch, iPhone XR, and Microsoft Surface Pro 7
- This Fossil Smartwatch is Cheaper Than an Apple Watch and Fitbit, and Has Way More Features Too
- The best cheap Apple Watch prices and sales in May 2020
- T-Mobile backtracks from plan to throttle Apple Watch speeds to 512kbps
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 today with Apple Watch support and plenty of bug fixes
- House music: classical critics' watching and listening picks
- Fiona Apple: where to start in her back catalogue
- 5 Apple deals you can’t afford to miss this Memorial Day
- Britney Spears Just Surprised Fans With First Music Release in Four Years
- Harry Styles Dedicates "Watermelon Sugar" Music Video to "Touching"
- With Its Joe Rogan Deal, Spotify Is Moving Closer to Podcast Supremacy
- ‘I hope we all now realise how special live music is’: stars on pop’s future after coronavirus
- Kanye Is Finally Ready to Brag About How Many People Streamed
- How Spotify Is Focused on Playlisting More Emerging Acts During the Pandemic
- MacBook Pro 13 vs. MacBook Pro 16: Which Apple laptop is right for you?
Spotify can now stream music straight from your Apple Watch have 515 words, post on www.techspot.com at November 4, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.