Photo: Stephanie Keith/Getty Images “I am not the Ivy League guy in this race, you know. I mean, I am CUNY,” Eric Adams says with a laugh on a late-morning F-train back to Borough Hall in Brooklyn after a rally for more mental-health beds at a Park Slope hospital. “My nails are not manicured, they are cracked. You shake my hand, you feel my calluses.” Adams, who has served for the past six years as Brooklyn borough president, will officially jump into the race for mayor of New York with a launch video for supporters expected to be sent Tuesday night, followed by a Zoom announcement on Wednesday. He had been telegraphing his intentions to run for the city’s top job since literally the day he was sworn in to his current gig and enters the race as one of the front-runners in an increasingly crowded field. His campaign is one that will rely heavily on his biography: about how when he was 12, a 10-year-old African American boy named Clifford Glover was shot in the back by an undercover policeman early one morning and afterward his mother wouldn’t let him cross to the other side of his South Jamaica… Read full this story
- L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti Teams With Sean Penn To Offer Free Coronavirus Testing To All County Residents
- Ex-cop: I killed "my own brothers" for Duterte's death squad
- Coronavirus live updates: Supervisor wants SF jail closed
- Cops discover up to 100 decomposing bodies in U-Haul trucks outside Brooklyn funeral home after neighbors complained they could 'smell death' and that corpses had been 'mounting up for weeks'
- Katherine Schwarzenegger Begs L.A. Mayor to Close Packed Farmer's Market, He Does
- Ex-49er Frank Gore, No. 3 on all-time rushing list, agrees to deal with Jets
- Lauren Silverman nails spring chic in pastel tie-dye as she enjoys a bike ride in the Malibu sunshine with sons Adam, 14, and Eric, 6
- Lauren Silverman looks cheery as she cycles along the sunny Malibu road in all-black... with cute son Eric, six, pedaling along behind her
- NY cops chase hearse as they disperse Jewish funeral in Brooklyn and arrest a teen after mayor Bill de Blasio was branded a hypocrite for ordering crackdown to stop coronavirus spreading
- Ex-South Carolina cop Michael Slager gets 20 years for Walter Scott killing
- 'We've had viruses for years': Las Vegas mayor downplays coronavirus threat as she pushes to reopen the city while shirking responsibility for public safety during bizarre CNN interview
- Biden's VP selection panel to include Chris Dodd, ex-senator linked to corporate bailout, Hollywood lobbying
An Ex-Cop for Mayor? Eric Adams Wants to Find Out. have 419 words, post on nymag.com at November 18, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.