Prince Charles finds prospect of COVID-19 ‘scary’ claims expert
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Prince Charles and Mr Al-Kadhimi have been photographed staying at a safe distance from one another as the royal welcomed the politician into his home. The meeting took place behind closed doors at Clarence House, as confirmed by officials.
In a tweet, Prince Charles’s office said: “Today The Prince of Wales received Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi at Clarence House.”
The picture shared by Clarence House shows the Prince of Wales in high spirits as he smiles at Mr Al-Kadhimi with his arms wide open.
Similarly, the Prime Minister looks back at the royal with an amused expression on his face and arms open, remaining two metres from the royal in line with the coronavirus guidelines issued by the UK Government.
Other pictures taken during the meeting with Mr Al-Kadhimi show the Prime Minister was also in the company of his Minister of Foreign Affairs Fuad Hussein.
Prince Charles meeting Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kadhimi (Image: PA)
Prince Charles appeared in high spirits today (Image: PA)
In the photograph showing the trio together, Prince Charles appears to be pointing at Mr Hussein, who laughs while standing in front of the cameras.
The Iraqi leader landed in the UK yesterday evening.
Mr Al-Kadhimi is currently undertaking a tour of Europe during which he will meet his country’s strongest allies and the continent’s leaders.
Prince Charles met another French President Macron in June at Clarence House (Image: PA)
Britain is part of a US-led international coalition tasked with helping Iraqi security forces in the fight against what remains of the Islamic State.
The UK and the rest of the coalition have also pledged to provide Baghdad with military equipment and training for Iraqi forces.
During his visit, Mr Al-Kadhimi also headed to Downing Street to hold talks with his British counterpart, Boris Johnson.
Prince Charles laughing with Iraqi Minister of Foreign Affairs Fuad Hussein (Image: PA)
Boris Johnson met Mustafa Al-Kadhimi at Downing Street (Image: PA)
Prior to his arrival to Britain, Mr Al-Kadhimi had already been to France to meet French President Emmanuel Macron and Germany to hold talks with Chancellor Angela Merkel.
This isn’t the first time Prince Charles steps in for the Queen in welcoming a foreign leader.
In mid-June, Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, hosted Mr Macron.
The pair welcomed the French leader to Clarence House ahead of a touching ceremony marking the anniversary of the ‘Appel’ made by Charles De Gaulle during World War II.
Prince Charles is the heir apparent to the throne (Image: EXPRESS)
Prince Charles hasn’t been the only senior royal to step in for the Queen while the coronavirus pandemic continues to rage across Europe.
Earlier this month, Prince William and Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, met Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky and the country’s First Lady Olena Zelenska.
This meeting was not only significative because the pair represented the Queen with a foreign leader, in a remarkable show of trust for the future monarch.
The talks were held at Buckingham Palace, and marked the first official engagement carried out at the Queen’s London office since March.
The Queen visited Porton Down last week (Image: GETTY)
The Queen remained in self-isolation with Prince Philip and their staff at Windsor Castle between mid-March and July.
They travelled to Balmoral Castle in early August, where they stayed in the company of a few royal guests until mid-September.
The monarch returned to Windsor alone earlier this month and last week carried out her first royal visit in seven months, heading to Porton Down with her grandson William.
- SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Prince Charles's charity has £120 million treasure chest
- Ahoy! Prince Charles and Camilla brave blustery weather for official commissioning ceremony of £3.1 billion HMS Prince of Wales in Portsmouth
- Prince Charles and Camilla announce exciting autumn plans
- Prince Charles' former car is up for auction and it features quirky detail
- Prince Charles and Camilla release stunning new portraits to celebrate 2 special events
- Prince Charles has advised the Government on how to save Britain's forests, documents reveal
- Game of Thrones: Prince Charles the unexpected winner in Prince Andrew sex scandal
- Donald Trump spends final evening of UK tour at dinner with Prince Charles and Camilla
- 41-gun salute to mark Prince Charles' 70th birthday
- Sofia Hellqvist shares special moment with Princess Leonore during King Carl XVI Gustaf's birthday celebrations
- Prince Charles arrives in Cardiff by steam locomotive
- The Queen arrives for Commonwealth Day service
- Prince Harry & Meghan Markle's royal wedding: Here's how to livestream the spectacle
- The Queen has a martini at Christmas and Prince Philip puts the star on top of the tree, documentary reveals
- Why the Queen Didn’t Say No to Boris Johnson
- How Royal Protocol Keeps Drama to a Minimum at the Queen's Christmas Celebration
- Kate Middleton and Prince William's travel diary from royal tours to holidays
- Scott Morrison hands gift to Queen as he visits Brexit-battered UK
- Revealed: Prince Andrew made secret deal to use tax haven tycoon’s £40m luxury jet to fly the world because he was fed up with ageing RAF planes, sparking calls for official probe into duke’s opaque finances
- Prince Philip 'ordered Andrew to step down for the sake of the monarchy'
Prince Charles holds special meeting in place of Queen as he prepares for future as King have 1063 words, post on www.express.co.uk at October 22, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.