When Apple launched the HomePod in 2018 , it was seen as a late start in the world of smart speakers. Both its main rivals, Amazon and Google, were already building up a healthy collection of speakers by then, and it also didn't help that the HomePod carried a premium price . Sure, the focus was on delivering a speaker with premium audio, but the high price point prevented it from appealing to a broader range of consumers. Thankfully, Apple has learned its lesson with the announcement of the HomePod mini . Even though the name implies some obvious aesthetic changes, the single best part about the announcement is the fact that it's now Apple's most affordable home hub for HomeKit-enabled smart home gadgets . That may seem like an insignificant claim, but it's exactly what Apple needed to offer. You just couldn't access a security camera or control a smart lock at home without a home hub. It's a critical piece in talking with all of your HomeKit devices when you're outside of your home's Wi-Fi network . Prior to today's announcement , the cheapest home hub sold by Apple was the Apple 4K TV at $179. While you… Read full this story
- Spotify warns of HUGE price rise that could add £35 onto your bill – and he’s blaming Apple for the rogue hike
- Have Massive Attack gigs paved the way for an arena in Filton?
- Apple's streaming reveal; Brexit mess; Markets sink
- iSmash on rivalling Apple for tech repairs and launching more stores in a dying high street
- Savvy mum warns shoppers to ALWAYS check price of supermarket loose fruit and veg as it could cut bill in half
- Five of the best: business laptops that put in the extra hours
- Theresa May ignores Cabinet support for no-deal Brexit as she turns to Jeremy Corbyn for help
- Brexit latest news: MPs back indicative votes to take control of Brexit process
- Remember these? Four forgotten cars we think are perfect for summer fun
- 2019 may be a breakthrough year for Ukraine’s green technologies
- Tech’s new stars have it all—except a path to high profits
- Where millennials turn for financial advice
Apple’s lower-priced HomePod mini paves the way for HomeKit’s eventual success have 364 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at October 13, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.