Britney Spears’ father will retain control of her personal life, career and estate until at least 2021, a court has heard.
Jamie Spears was given control of Britney’s conservatorship in 2008 – meaning he’s in charge of her business and personal affairs – following her mental breakdown in 2007.
Earlier this week, Britney failed in her legal challenge to remove Jamie from the conservatorship.
It has now been revealed that at a court hearing in Los Angeles, Jamie’s conservatorship has been extended until at least February 1, 2021.
The hearing was attended by both of Spears’ parents and her four lawyers, Dazed reported.
The #FreeBritney movement has grown and followers are openly debating whether she should be allowed to take charge of her life once again.
Even other celebrities including Miley Cyrus – who has chanted “free Britney” at her gigs – have weighed in on the matter.
There’s even a petition that has been sent to the White House in a bid to force a review.
Jodi Montgomery is acting as her temporary conservator after her father stepped down last year following a bout of ill health – but has not been approved to take permanent control.
Britney’s lawyer had submitted documents ahead of the private hearing saying she was “strongly opposed” to having her father return to control her affairs.
The documents gave no reasons for why Britney feels so strongly about this.
Britney has not performed publicly since October 2018 after she pulled out of a Las Vegas concert residency and briefly entered a mental health facility.
- Britney Spears may never return to the stage, manager says
- Britney Spears spending time with boyfriend
- Britney Spears’ ex-manager hit with restraining order
- Britney Spears’ family gets restraining order against ex-manager
- Britney Spears’ Mother Likes #FreeBritney Comments Asking To End Daughter's Conservatorship
- #FreeBritney: Why People Are Saying Britney Spears Is Being Held Against Her Will In A Mental Health Facility
- Britney Spears feels 'blessed'
- Britney Spears gets 'silly' after therapy
- Britney Spears obtains restraining order
- Britney Spears credits yoga for her 'strength'
- Britney Spears is living life as normal again
- Britney Spears to fans: ‘All is well’ despite family stress
- Britney Spears 'very happy' to be back home
- Britney Spears may never perform again, says manager
- Britney Spears’ former manager gets 5-year restraining order
- Britney Spears’ restraining order on ex-manager extended
- Britney Spears restraining order granted against Sam Lutfi
- The battle of Britney Spears
- Britney Spears family seeks renewed order barring former friend
- Britney Spears seeks renewed restraining order against ex-friend
Britney Spears' conservatorship extended until at least 2021 with dad in control have 397 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at August 22, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.