Last update: July 28, 2020.
Whether you like Apple or not, you can’t deny that in the world of tablets, the venerable iPad still reigns supreme. That’s not for no reason: The four different models — the standard iPad, iPad Mini, iPad Air, and premium iPad Pro — offer something for just about everyone. Pair that with Apple’s world-class design, intuitive software, and great build quality, and it’s no surprise as to why the iPad remains so popular.
The iPads are also a surprisingly good value, generally being more reasonably priced than other Apple devices like the flagship iPhones (which typically sail north of $1,000). But why pay retail prices? Below, we’ve rounded up all the best cheap iPad deals you can find online right now that let you score one of these great tablets and have some cash left in your pocket.
Today’s Best iPad Deals
- — Up to $100 off for students + free Apple AirPods
- — $400, was $429
- — $469, was $499
- — $680, was $780
- — $800, was $850
- — $1,050, was $1,150
Free AirPods with Purchase
iPad 10.2 Deals
Sometimes, you just can’t beat the original. The standard entry-level Apple iPad is the one that started it all, and although it’s been updated half a dozen times since its first release, the classic design is still hugely popular. The new 1019 10.2-inch iPad remains our favorite tablet, and it’s the one we recommend for most folks. The current seventh-generation 2019 iPad models feature a speedy A10 Fusion chip and 3GB of RAM (up 1GB from the sixth-gen model). Its 10.2-inch touch display, slightly larger this time thanks to slimmed-down bezels, has a crisp high-definition resolution of 2,160 x 1,620.
It’s also considerably lighter and less bulky compared to its predecessors, coming in at around the same size as the original iPad Air. It comes in such colors as space gray, black, rose gold, silver, and pink, not to mention it’s loaded with the new feature-rich iPadOS mobile operating system. Plus, if you buy it directly from Apple, you can also get the Apple Pencil — great for artists, graphic designers, and those of you who are more education-focused. The 10.2-inch iPad is competitively priced and not prohibitively expensive, making it hands-down the best Apple iPad deal you’ll find.
iPad Air Deals
Apple surprised pretty much everyone when the company suddenly rolled out a new iPad Air earlier this year despite rumors that the line was quietly being retired. The surprise was a very pleasant one: The new iPad Air is so good it almost makes you wonder why you’d even bother paying extra for the Pro, and it’s a superb upgrade pick over the standard iPad if you want something better but don’t want to pay $700 or $800 for a tablet. The new Air is similar to the 2017 iPad Pro with a 10.5-inch Retina display, arguably placing it in the “Goldilocks zone” of tablet sizes.
It runs on Apple’s newer A12 Bionic chip architecture and 3GB of RAM as well, which are very good specs for browsing, watching videos, work, and even some mobile gaming. It also has a front-facing camera if you want to FaceTime your loved ones. The standard 64GB iPad Air goes for $500, making this slim tablet a nice middle option between the standard iPad and the beefier (and pricier) iPad Pro — and an even better value if you catch it on sale.
iPad Mini Deals
With the last-gen iPad Mini 4 having been released in 2014, Apple’s pint-sized tablet was long, long overdue for a refresh – one it finally got last year The newest iPad Mini 5 (simply called the “iPad Mini,” with Apple dropping the number in the name) was launched without much warning right alongside the new iPad Air. Our take? It’s a lovely, tiny beast that punches well above its weight, and if you’re in the market for a smaller tablet, the iPad Mini is the only one you should even be looking at. Its 7.9-inch Retina touch display is gorgeous, and it runs on the same snappy A12 Bionic chipset as the iPad Air.
If the larger iPads are too bulky for your tastes, then the Mini is a great alternative choice as an on-the-go multitasking machine that won’t take up a ton of space in your bag. The 2019 iPad Mini launched at $399, but the price is slowly coming down a bit (not at huge discounts yet, but any savings are good), or you can opt for one of the earlier fourth-generation models and save even more cash.
iPad Pro Deals
The iPad Pro is the larger, beefier sibling of the standard 10.2-inch iPad, featuring more powerful hardware and a larger display similar to a laptop or many Chromebooks. Apple also just revealed the new 2020 iPad Pro line, which will, like the 2018 Pro, come in two sizes: One with an 11-inch screen and one with a 12.9-inch display. With more power and more screen, many opt to add a stylus, keyboard, or some other accessory into the mix to get the most out of their new iPad. The new Pro is also being rolled out alongside the Magic Keyboard accessory, which effectively turns the iPad Pro into a laptop (it even has a touchpad).
Under the hood, the 2018 iPad Pro models run on a beefed-up A12X Bionic CPU and 4GB of RAM (or 6GB in the 1TB model) for snappy performance. The 11-inch Pro display has a sharp 2,388 x 1,668 HD resolution, while the 12.9-inch offers an increased 2,732 x 2,048 pixels of screen real estate. Both feature Apple’s stunning proprietary Retina display technology as well as Face ID for protection. The new 2020 iPad Pro packs a new A12Z octa-core Bionic CPU and a camera module similar to that of the iPhone 11, with the ability to record 4K video.
As the “upgrade model” in the Apple tablet lineup, the iPad Pro is a bit pricier than the standard cheap iPad with a starting price of around $800 for the 11-inch model or $1,000 for the 12.9-inch model. The release of the new 2020 Pro is a great chance to find the still-excellent 2018 line at a discount, though, so you can forget about paying retail with the above iPad Pro deals.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- Best Father’s Day iPad Deals 2020: iPad 10.2 and iPad Pro
- Best 4th of July iPad Deals 2020: iPad 10.2 and iPad Pro
- Amazon discounts latest iPad 10.2, iPad Air, iPad Pro for 4th of July
- 3 Apple deals you really can’t afford to miss today
- Apple iPad 10.2 and iPad Air in the bargain bin (again) at Amazon
- Back-to-School iPad Deals 2020: iPad 10.2 and iPad Pro
- The best cheap Kindle deals for August 2020: Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Oasis
- These are the best cheap MacBook deals for August 2020
- The best cheap AirPods deals for August 2020: AirPods and AirPods Pro
- The best iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Fire, Surface, and Pixel tablet deals for August 2020
- Children getting bored? Don’t miss these cheap kids tablet deals for August 2020
- These are the best cheap Apple TV deals and sales for August 2020
- Best smartphone deals for August 2020: iPhone, Samsung, and Google Pixel
- The cheapest iPad mini prices, sales, and deals in August 2020
- The best cheap MacBook sale prices and deals in August 2020
- These are today’s best Apple HomePod deals for August 2020
- Need a cheap printer? This Canon is down to just $60 at Best Buy
- Prime Day Apple Watch Price Predictions 2020: Series 3 and Series 5
- Black Friday 2020: the best deals we're expecting
- The iMac redesign looks amazing in this designer concept
- Plug in and charge with Aukey's 60W USB-C wall adapter on sale for $17
- Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro review: Your guardian awaits
- New Galaxy Tab S7 Plus is Samsung’s first 5G tablet
- Alexa vs. Google Assistant vs. HomeKit: Which smart home platform to choose?
These are the best cheap iPad deals for August 2020 have 2012 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at July 29, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.