MORNING REPORT/RNZ During the country’s first weekend at Alert Level 3 police received almost 700 reports of parties being held and took action against 112 people. Kiwis have not faced a challenge like Covid-19 in our lifetime. Michael Donoghue, New Zealand Red Cross’ Disaster Recovery Manager, shares what it might take for us to get through – together. OPINION: I’ve worked in crisis and trauma for more than 15 years and I’ve never encountered something like Covid-19. This emergency has stretched and distorted the fabric of our communities. It’s also presented unique challenges in the area of mental health and wellbeing. Like everyone else, I’ve been working – personally and professionally – through the uncertainty and complexity of this crisis. When the details of Covid-19 Alert Level 3 were described by the Prime Minister, I was one of many Kiwis trying to interpret this new stage of our lives. Even with these recent announcements around Level 3, there will still be many people wondering what this crisis and the subsequent measures mean for them. Despite not having encountered a situation like Covid-19 before, there are some things common to almost every crisis. READ MORE:Coronavirus: Full coveragePets not immune from family… Read full this story
- DailyMailTV EXCLUSIVE: Roseanne Barr laughs as she says she got fat transferred from stomach to her backside to look like her Kardashian idols… and wants MORE surgery
- 'We Are Nations:' What Environmental Justice Looks Like For Indigenous People
- What a concussion looks like in the brain, on the cellular level
- Kate Bosworth looks like a mermaid in her seafoam sequined gown at the 2019 CMT Music awards
- 4 West Virginia women deal hope in community gripped by opioid crisis
- What does 2020 look like for your star sign? Hollywood astrologer reveals what's in store for the next year - and it's good news if you're Virgo or Taurus
- Corbyn Mark II looks like a leader – he must set out a clear, coherent vision
- Why we fight on Twitter equally over Ayodhya verdict and who a Big Boss contestant looks like
- “Dad, if I Get a B I Feel Like I’ve Failed”
- Looks like The Sims 4 "Discover University" expansion will be announced later today
- What Do the Economic Relations Between Nigeria and Australia Look Like in 2019?
- Non-profit takes on unpaid internships on the Hill: "I just want Congress to look like America"
Hope, health and wellbeing: What getting through the Covid-19 crisis might look like have 385 words, post on www.stuff.co.nz at May 4, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.