By TESFA-ALEM TEKLE More by this Author Addis Ababa,As the pace of new infections from coronavirus relatively drop in Ethiopia, the horn of Africa’s country is lately reporting more patient recoveries.According to Ethiopia’s Ministry of Health, the country on Friday has discharged an additional seven newly cured Covid-19 patients from hospitals raising the number of total recoveries so far to 66.Currently, Ethiopia has 67 patients at the Covid-19 treatment centres in different parts of the country.The drop in the number of new virus cases comes as the country further reinforced measures including imposing tighter controls at its common border with Djibouti to arrest importation of the Covid-19 following the unusual spike in the number of illegal entry to Ethiopia from the tiny Red Sea nation.In its daily update on new infections, Ministry of Health said two more people had tested positive for coronavirus, after country conducted 912 samples over the past 24 hours. Also Read Sierra Leone goes into second lockdown Labour Day: Uhuru’s full speech Court orders Nyagarama to reinstate staff Advertisement The two confirmed new cases has brought Ethiopia’s total tally to 133.According to the ministry, the two new cases were reported from Moyale and Jigjiga towns and… Read full this story
- Study: Drug abuse fuels sharp rise in Tennessee hepatitis B cases
- Spook-tacular happenings: Your guide to Central Jersey Halloween activities
- Rising sea levels torment Norfolk, Va., and coastal U.S.
- Commerce-focused ‘chamber coalition’ to debut at International and Multicultural Business Expo on June 19
- Corpus Christi to handle Zika like previous mosquito-borne viruses
- Arizona budget again falls short of meeting needs
- Daily Checkup: With spring's increase in physical activity comes a rise in wrist injuries
- Rabies cases on the rise in Maricopa County – know how to protect yourself, your pets
- STD cases on the rise: Be prudent, get tested annually
- An Indiana town recovering from 190 HIV cases
- Home prices rise in almost all U.S. cities
- Arizona child-safety agency struggles with staff turnover, rising child removals
Ethiopia Covid-19 recoveries rise, sees fall on active virus cases have 325 words, post on www.nation.co.ke at May 2, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.