Professor Brendan Murphy said authorities were “seriously looking” at what lockdown measures could be relaxed, and would make recommendations to National Cabinet over the course of next week. The Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) will meet next week to establish guidelines for easing social distancing and other coronavirus measures ahead of Friday’s National Cabinet meeting. The reopening of university campuses will also be considered. The extent to which measures will be eased will in part rely on the percentage of the country’s 16 million adults who have downloaded the COVIDSafe tracing app. So far, almost 4.5 million Australians have downloaded and signed up for the app. Prof Murphy said there would most likely be a staggered approach to lifting restrictions, warning that some countries had eased them too quickly and experienced a second wave of infections. He said each stage would be reviewed for a number of weeks before a decision was made on whether to relax lockdown measures further. Australia’s Chief Medical Officer Brendan Murphy said the national lockdown would be lifed in stages. Picture: Getty ImagesSource:Getty Images “This virus is still in our community, it’s still with us, we are… in a much better position than just… Read full this story
- Vanity Is Not a Deadly Sin. It’s One of Life’s Last Vital Signs.
- This pro-life activist says it's not his fault 'if women end up dying from coat hangers'
- No, DDT won't save us from the Zika virus
- Ky. making great strides in treating patients with hepatitis C, with harm-reduction programs and fewer restrictions on treatment
- The Royal Court at 60: look back in wonder
- What Donald Trump’s win could mean for women with Zika
- Rain, thunderstorms moving across South Mississippi
- This is what solitary confinement does to the brain – Shruti Ravindran
- The 25 best horror movies since 2000
- 2019 Toyota Corolla v Hyundai i30 v Mazda 3 comparison
- Dr. Lipson versus Dr. Brownstein: Science versus antivaccine misinformation and fear mongering in my own back yard
- 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan v Renault Koleos comparison
COVID-19 lockdown restriction to be lifted in stages, virus claims life of elderly Aussie have 329 words, post on www.news.com.au at May 3, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.