The Australian Border Force has given the go-ahead for players and staff from the New Zealand Warriors rugby league team to travel to Australia to take part in a proposed National Rugby League competition to start in late May. Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton said the ABF commissioner had carefully considered the request from the NZ Warriors, and advice from the Chief Medical Officer, that 36 foreign nationals do not pose a risk of serious harm to public health in Australia. “New Zealand is a country which like Australia acted very quickly to close its borders,” Deputy Chief Medical Officer Michael Kidd told reporters on Saturday. “It has been very successful like Australia in reducing community transmission.” On Friday, Prime Minister Scott Morrison also floated the prospect of pubs reopening if enough people download the coronavirus tracing app. Professor Michael Kidd. Picture: SuppliedSource:The Advertiser Dr Kidd said more than four million have now registered for the COVIDSafe app, which uses Bluetooth connections to determine who infected people came into close contact with. He believes it is “realistic” to expect millions more to sign up before the national cabinet sits next Friday to consider lifting restrictions. But he conceded that app… Read full this story
- Matthew Hayden Pays Kuldeep Yadav Great Compliment, Equates Him To Shane Warne
- Israel Folau's sacking shines light on confusion between athletes and sports bodies on religious expression
- England Vs Australia 2nd Test Day 2 Highlights, Ashes 2019: Usman Khawaja, Cameron Bancroft Take Australia To 30/1 At Stumps On Day 2
- This is a SuperCoach BBL warning: Don’t start these 10 players!
- Former ASADA chief Richard Ings accuses Swimming Australia of trying to cover up Shayna Jack positive test
- Michael Vaughan Sends Virat Kohli Warning To Australia Ahead Of Series Down Under
- Luther Burrell warns "I mean business" after swapping union for league in Warrington switch
- Apple Arcade: The full list of games for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and iPod Touch (updated)
- "Agitated" Novak Djokovic Regrets Meltdown In Floodlight Fury At Australian Open
- Yuvraj Singh Hilariously Trolls Shoaib Akhtar For Comments On Jofra Archer
- IPL 2018: Jos Buttler, Bowlers Help Rajasthan Royals Defeat Kings XI Punjab By 15 Runs
- Roger Federer Loses To Kei Nishikori In ATP Finals Opener
Coronavirus Australia: COVID-19 tracing app glitch as NRL and sporting codes warned have 358 words, post on www.news.com.au at May 3, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.