The Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) first received a clinical sample of the unknown virus that later became known as SARS-CoV-2 on 30 December 2020, Wang Yanyi, an immunologist and director of the institute, told CGTN broadcaster on 23 May, denouncing the Trump administration’s claims that the novel coronavirus escaped from the Wuhan bio lab as "pure fabrication". US Has Been Opposing Int’l Biosafety Verification Mechanism for Decades The Trump administration has repeatedly urged Beijing to grant access to Wuhan virology labs to American and other foreign inspectors. However, the People’s Republic rubbished Washington’s claims about the virus’ origins and expressed doubts that the so-called “independent” investigation pushed for by the US would be unbiased and objective. Washington’s verbal attacks against China and the alleged non-transparency of its bio research have turned the spotlight on the US’ own bioweapons programme. On 13 May, Russian Minister of Foreign Affairs Sergei Lavrov raised the issue of US biological laboratories established overseas, most notably in the countries of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), and in former Soviet republics. “There is a fairly dense network of these laboratories along the perimeter of the Russian Federation and near Chinese borders”, Lavrov told journalists, revealing that… Read full this story
- A major pillar of China's economy has passed the 'tipping point' and could slow further, analyst says
- Changing the Launch Equation: Q&A with Rocket Lab CEO Peter Beck
- “Lack of Access Made Us More Artful:” Alex Gibney on
- Ex-Apple engineer arrested on his way to China, charged with stealing company's autonomous car secrets
- Iranian Foreign Minister: Pompeo’s Demands for Nuclear Deal ‘Insulting’ and Illegal
- US military developing top secret laser weapon that can generate the sound of voice out of thin air to scare enemy to death
- China says trade deals are off if U.S. raises tariffs
- Fox net, Journal can cooperate, Murdoch says
- Forget easy mode. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice needs an equal mode
- Data centers: The future is software-defined
- Can Jeff Bezos Make Money in Space?
- To overcome decades of mistrust, a workshop aims to train Indigenous researchers to be their own genome experts
Before Demanding Access to Wuhan, US Should Lift Veil on Its Secret Bioweapon Labs, Analyst Says have 348 words, post on sputniknews.com at May 24, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.