Russian President Vladimir Putin is considering bringing in the army to help tackle the coronavirus crisis after the number of confirmed cases in the country skyrocketed. Russia has reported 2,558 new coronavirus cases in 24 hours, its highest daily rise yet. The country has 18,328 cases with 148 deaths from the bug so far, an overnight rise of 18. Putin today told officials at a televised meeting held by video link to consider using the army to help tackle the crisis. Moscow, the epicentre of Russia’s outbreak, is under strict lockdown after 10,158 cases and 72 deaths were reported in the city alone. Addressing the rise in death toll today, President Vladimir Putin (pictured today) said Russia might need to call in the army to help tackle the coronavirus crisis Putin told officials to consider using the army to help tackle the crisis, noting how it had sent doctors and medical equipment to Italy and Serbia in recent weeks to help Moscow residents are only allowed to leave their homes to walk their dogs, take out trash and visit their nearest shop or pharmacy. The restrictions were put in place in a bid to ease pressure on Moscow’s struggling hospitals as… Read full this story
- Russia sees record rise in coronavirus cases, deaths
- 'We ARE seeing a slow down in the rate of growth': Office for National Statistics confirms 'good news' as UK records 168 new Covid deaths and 24,962 cases - up 21% on last week
- Britain records 5,089 Covid cases in 8% week-on-week RISE while deaths drop by just 1.5% with 64 victims
- Scandal as desperate homeless people queue for food in snow - and it'll get worse
- UK records most covid deaths in a day since epidemic started: Fatality count DOUBLES in a week to 1,325 with 68,000 new cases as SAGE warns R rate could now be as high as 1.4 and up to 150,000 people are catching Covid each day
- UK records 1,564 more deaths - the highest total since pandemic began - but cases drop AGAIN with 47,525 new infections and hospital admissions ease in London as Boris hails signs lockdown IS working but refuses to rule out tougher rules
- Coronavirus Live Updates: India Reports 17,407 New COVID-19 Cases, Total Cases Now Stand At 1.11 Crore
- Russia overtakes Germany, France after record rise in COVID-19 cases
- Police 'are told to fine Covid rule-breakers after just ONE verbal warning' as three officers 'arrest a woman for sitting on a bench' and another is surrounded for 'leaving her house more than once'
- Jailed Russian opposition figure Alexei Navalny 'is moved to a penal colony from Moscow jail to serve his two-year prison term'
- IN FOCUS: The long, challenging journey to bring COVID-19 under control in migrant worker dormitories
- COVID-19 cases in Russia rise by record daily amount, mortality rate slows
Putin considers bringing in the army to tackle coronavirus and warns the contagion is getting worse as Russia sees record 2,558 new daily cases and Moscow launches digital permits to control movements have 443 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 13, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.