Hanoi (VNA) – Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc on April 3 afternoon held phone talks with the Republic of Korea (RoK)'s President Moon Jae-in to discuss the COVID-19 prevention and control in each country and bilateral cooperation in this field.
PM Phuc informed the RoK President about Vietnam's drastic measures against the COVID-19 and positive results achieved with no deaths so far. The Vietnamese Government is continuing its efforts amid the complicated developments of the pandemic around the world, while striving to promote economic development, address social issues, and protect safety and health of Vietnamese people and foreign citizens in the country, he said.
The Vietnamese Government leader spoke highly of the RoK Government’s disease control measures and suggested the two governments coordinate closely, share experience and support each other in the prevention and control of the epidemic, as well as provide assistance for the Vietnamese community in the RoK to help them stabilise their lives and have full necessary conditions to prevent and fight the disease.
President Moon Jae-in said that his country had overcome many difficulties caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. As now is not a safe time yet, the RoK Government continues to implement a number of measures such as social distancing, he said.
Noting Vietnam’s good control of the epidemic are praised by the international community, he affirmed that the RoK Government is willing to exchange experience and coordinate with Vietnam in disease prevention and control, and citizen protection. He thanked the Government of Vietnam for supporting RoK citizens and enterprises doing business in Vietnam.
The two leaders agreed on the need of strengthening international cooperation to prevent and control the pandemic. Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc stressed Vietnam’s international cooperation efforts, affirming that as the ASEAN 2020 Chair, Vietnam has been hosting discussions on strengthening COVID-19 prevention and control coordination among ASEAN countries and between ASEAN and its partner countries, including those in the ASEAN+3 mechanism (China, Japan and the RoK).
President Moon Jae-in said he supports Vietnam’s efforts and initiatives and affirmed that as the coordinator of the ASEAN+3 mechanism, the RoK will work closely with Vietnam to successfully promote ASEAN’s dialogue and cooperation mechanisms, including ASEAN-Korea and ASEAN+3.
The two sides exchanged views on bilateral cooperation and expressed satisfaction about the effective cooperation between the two countries. They agreed to deepen the bilateral relations in the coming time, including maintaining the exchange of high-level delegations and boosting cooperation in economy and other fields immediately after the end of the COVID-19 ./.
- Armenian PM holds phone talk with President of Turkmenistan
- President Sarkissian holds phone talk with new Speaker of Kazakhstan’s Senate
- Armenian PM holds phone conversation with Russia’s Putin
- Russian, Turkish Presidents hold phone talk
- Second minister quits as anger over PM’s Brexit talks with Labour grows
- Nikol Pashinyan holds phone conversation with Artsakh president ahead of the Vienna summit
- Armenian PM, Artsakh president hold phone conversation
- PM defends Brexit talks with Corbyn
- Putin, Kim hold 'meaningful' talks during first face-to-face meeting – media
- PM Pashinyan holds phone conversation with Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov
- Brexit Secretary holds ‘productive’ talks after Juncker expresses no-deal fears
- Sarkissian, Nazarbayev hold phone conversation
- Pashinyan holds phone conversation with Nazarbayev
- Leo Varadkar and Donald Tusk hold Brexit talks in Dublin
- Michael Bloomberg WON'T run for president in 2020
- “Political espionage” suspected in attack on North Korean embassy in Madrid
- Kim Jong Un: North Korea open to further talks with Donald Trump
- PM: Armenia’s mortgage loan portfolio grows by 30%
- Damon Albarn: I will leave country if Jacob Rees-Mogg becomes PM
- North Korea demands Pompeo removal from talks as it announces weapon test-firing
PM holds phone talks with Korean President on COVID-19 combat have 614 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 3, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.