NEW DELHI: It seems that Apple is now a buying spree, the company recently acquired weather app Dark Sky followed by AI company Voysis. Now, the company is also set to acquire a VR streaming service provider NextVR. As reported by 9to5mac, the Cupertino-based tech giant is in the process of acquiring NextVR. It is said that with this acquisition Apple is aiming at revolutionizing the way its users watch sports and entertainment. The acquisition is not finalised yet but both the companies have started informing the employees who will have to relocate to San Diego. With this acquisition, Apple is expecting to make a big move in the AR and VR segment. Apple has already told its employees that it was planning to launch the first AR headset by 2022. NextVR has partnered with sports brands such as the NFL, which allow viewers to watch its events using headsets from Microsoft and PlayStation. The company managed to raise $115.5 million in funding since 2009, as per an online report. Recently, Apple took over the popular weather app Dark Sky. As part of the acquisition, the app will be shutting down its Android and Wear OS versions in July this… Read full this story
- Elon Musk Thinks The New York Times Cost Tesla $100 Million
- Streaming service Spotify hits 100 million paid user mark
- Hearthstone Welcomes 100 Million Players To The Virtual Tavern
- Google+ Reaches 100 Million "Social Network" Users (& How This Is Different From Past Milestones)
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says company won't build the FBI a backdoor for the iPhone
- Facebook Feature Phone App Crosses 100 Million Threshold
- How 'The Butler' Grossed $100 Million
- Zion Williamson Could Sign $100 MILLION Shoe Deal, Says Jay Williams
- Networked Insights New Technology Platform Charts 100 Million Pieces Of Social Data In Real-Time
- 3 unexpected ways you'll soon find AR/VR in healthcare
- How Did This Bone Broth Company Raise Over $100 Million?
- Uber Files For IPO, Allegedly Looks For $90-100 Million Valuation
Apple likely to acquire AR/VR company for $100 million have 312 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at April 7, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.