By XINHUA More by this Author ADDIS ABABAThe third round of Jack Ma Covid-19 medical supplies that landed in Addis Ababa on Monday evening is literally a lifesaver, an official at the Africa Centre for Disease Control (Africa CDC) said on Tuesday.”Getting diagnostics and medical equipment for Covid-19 response is a global challenge. Africa is in a fierce competition with the developed world with respect to the availability of commodities,” said John Nkengasong, the director of the Africa CDC.THIRD DONATIONA ceremony was held on Monday evening to welcome a third-round donation of medical equipment and supplies from the Jack Ma Foundation and Alibaba Foundation in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.Speaking on the side-lines of the ceremony, Lia Tadesse, Ethiopia’s Minister for Health expressed confidence that her country will overcome the threat of the Covid-19 pandemic that has created global economic and social havoc. Related Stories Covid-19: Jack Ma sends more supplies AU leaders discuss ways to fight virus Covid-19 in Africa: Jack Ma donates medical supplies Advertisement The east African country has in the past one-and-a-half months expanded its Covid-19 testing capacity and delivered Covid-19 medical supplies to its population with the help of various partners including the Jack Ma Foundation and… Read full this story
- Global pork prices rise amid China’s pig disease outbreak
- This Week Around the World – May 12-19:
- China's Xi says over $64 billion in deals signed at Belt and Road summit
- China, India Seen as Europe's Last Hope to Save Iran Deal
- Trump's new tariff takes aim at two foes: China and the Fed
- Which country is better equipped to win a U.S.-China trade war?
- Spain: progress made in fight against Canary Island wildfire
- U.S. Threatens Maduro Supporters After Russia and China Blast Plans to Overthrow Venezuelan President
- Newt Gingrich: To Beat China, America Needs to Learn Its Game
- Special Report: China's vast fleet is tipping the balance in the Pacific
- Treasury Department says China manipulates its currency
- Trump issues new tariff threat against China
Africa's Covid-19 fight boosted by donations from China have 326 words, post on www.nation.co.ke at April 29, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.