The coronavirus outbreak is set to have a huge financial impact on smartphone companies. Apple will be no exception. While the company has officially warned of lowered revenues, analyst Ming-Chi Kuo says the iPhone production will not improve until the second quarter of 2020.
It’s worth noting that Apple’s manufacturing and component suppliers are facing keeping up with the production since the outbreak of coronavirus in China last month. For instance, supplier Genius Electronic Optical has reduced phone camera lens shipments. Kuo claims the supplier has just a month worth of lens inventory left. He, however, said things will start to get back on track starting May.
Kuo also shed light on some of the key features expected from iPhone 11. According to the analyst, Apple’s 2020 lineup, aka iPhone 12, will come with an ultra-wide lens design as seen on the iPhone 11 series. Earlier, Kuo had said Apple’s 2020 lineup will feature 5G connectivity. On rumours of iPhone SE 2 aka iPhone 9 launch getting delayed, he said the phone will launch in the first half of 2020 despite the outbreak of COVID-19.
Kuo’s comments come shortly after Apple hinted that it might not meet its sales target due to the lost production and supply issues and weakening demand in China from the coronavirus scare. “The health and well-being of every person who helps make these products possible is our paramount priority,” Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook said in a statement released by Apple. It will reopen China stores “as steadily and safely as we can,” the company added.
Rival Samsung is also bearing the brunt of the outbreak. According to a recent report, Samsung saw a significantly lower demand for Galaxy S20 in South Korea, one of the top affected nations by the coronavirus outbreak.
- Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo makes bold prediction about Apple iPhone SE 2
- Apple expected to ship nearly 20 million iPhone SE 2 units in 2020: Report
- Apple Might Start Ditching Its Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Laptop Keyboards Later This Year
- Apple iPhone SE 2: More details about the upcoming affordable iPhone surface
- Apple iPhone SE 2: Kuo shares new details about the upcoming affordable iPhone
- Apple iPhone SE 2 rumours resurface, key specifications, features revealed
- The Next-Gen Cheap iPhone Might be Ditching a Feature You Probably Never Use Anyways
- Apple Buys Self-Driving Car Startup Drive.ai in Sign It's Not Through With Autonomous Vehicles
- All three new 2020 iPhones rumored to offer 5G connectivity
- Apple’s AR Glasses could pair up with your iPhone in 2020
- iPhone SE 2 and Apple AR headset landing in 2020, says noted analyst
- Apple's facial recognition tech could be coming to iPads next
- Production of the iPhone SE 2 will begin in early 2020, report says
- Cheap new iPhone with ‘tiny 4.7in screen’ will cost just £399, insider claims
- Apple iPhone SE 2: Kuo reveals more details about the upcoming affordable iPhone
- iPhone 7 Plus rumored to have two rear-facing cameras
- Apple patent shows mixed reality headset that tracks your entire face
- Everything you need to know about the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
- Apple aims for iPhone 11 rebound even as current iPhone sales dip
- A new midrange iPhone SE could be launching in early 2020
iPhone production unlikely to improve until Q2 2020: Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo have 502 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at March 2, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.