Prime Minister Narendra Modi and External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar attended the inaugural session of Raisina Dialogue 2020 — India’s annual global conference on geopolitics and geo-economics — on Tuesday. The flagship conference jointly organised by the Ministry of External Affairs and the Observer Research Foundation has been India’s contribution to global efforts to discover solutions, identify opportunities and provide stability to a century that has witnessed an eventful two decades. The three-day conclave will bring together 700 international participants, of which 40 per cent of the speakers will be women, emphasising India’s commitment to gender equality. Along with the participation of 12 foreign ministers, including the foreign ministers of Russia, Iran, Australia, Maldives, South Africa, Estonia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Hungary, Latvia, Uzbekistan and the European Union, the National Security Adviser (NSA) of Afghanistan, the Deputy NSA of the United States and several other ministers of state will also present their ideas. The inaugural session of the mega-event today will be addressed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, while other visiting leaders will also share their views on important challenges facing the world related to globalisation, 2030 agenda, the role of technology in the modern world, climate change and counter-terrorism. Over… Read full this story
- 'Bikers for Trump' to Form 'Wall of Meat' If Inauguration Protests Get Out of Hand
- India PM, once banned from U.S., makes speech at U.N. ahead of Madison Square Garden appearance
- Trump golfs with Japan PM, warns North Korea, sets meeting with Putin
- Judge Jeanine Slams John Lewis, Rosie O'Donnell Over Trump Comments
- Pence: Trump Has Right to Defend Himself When 'Icon' Lewis Calls Him Illegitimate
- Commerce-focused ‘chamber coalition’ to debut at International and Multicultural Business Expo on June 19
- Montclair Film Festival series features Turturro, Nye, 'fake news'
- 'Dreamland' author coming to Clark County
- In Stitches: Interfaith Stitchers group gets organized
- Pope Francis to make historic, highly anticipated visit to the U.S. with stops including Congress and NYC
PM Modi, Jaishankar attend inaugural session of Raisina Dialogue 2020 have 313 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at January 14, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.