The German subsidiary of failed travel giant Thomas Cook has canceled all trips booked from 2020, it announced on Tuesday. The cancellations come as part of an insolvency process as no buyer could be found for the group. In addition to the Thomas Cook brand, Neckermann Reisen, Öger Tours, Bucher Reisen and Air Marin, as well as the Swiss company Thomas Cook International are also affected. There were concrete investor offers for Bucher Reisen and Öger Tours, but the trips could not be carried out. Watch video 02:53 Share Thomas Cook leaves tourists stranded Send Facebook Twitter google+ Whatsapp Tumblr linkedin stumble Digg reddit Newsvine Permalink https://p.dw.com/p/3QBUm Thomas Cook leaves tourists stranded ‘Infinitely sorry’ Managing Director Stefanie Berk said the company was “infinitely sorry.” Hundreds of thousands of Thomas Cook customers in Germany are affected by the cancellations. They are entitled to compensation, but the exact amount has yet to be decided, according to a spokesman for the insurer Zurich Germany. However, any payouts will be unlikely to cover the full costs paid by customers as the business was only insured for €110 million ($121 million). According to the insurer, by November 1, about 150,000 claims had already been received, totaling… Read full this story
- EasyJet reports strong first quarter boosted by Thomas Cook collapse
- No Online E3 Event Planned to Replace Canceled E3 2020
- Will Coronavirus Impact The Future Of Medical Tourism? Thousands Forced To Cancel Trips Amid COVID-19 Outbreak
- New COVID-19 Rules Could Cancel Gamescom 2020
- Frankfort Bluegrass Festival Canceled For 2020
- Enfield Fourth of July Town Celebration Canceled For 2020
- Enfield Italian Festival Canceled For 2020
- REVEALED: Ousted Navy Secretary Thomas Modly cost taxpayers more than $243,000 by flying to Guam to get heckled by USS Roosevelt sailors before he resigned for calling the fired captain 'stupid' and 'naive'
- Germany draws up plans to relax lockdown after April 19
- Gamescom 2020 will 'definitely' take place digitally, organizers confirm
- Coronavirus: What are Germany's updated lockdown measures?
- Former acting Navy secretary's trip to Guam, which led to his resignation, cost almost a quarter of a million dollars
Thomas Cook Germany cancels all trips for 2020 have 347 words, post on www.dw.com at December 11, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.