The year was a case of two halves with the market recording steep declines to property prices and a surge in the number of homes failing to sell in the first six months. Since the triple factor of May’s Federal election result, a cut to interest rates and easier access to lending, the market is now recovering faster than what many expected. MORE: Inner suburbs where buyers are getting good deals Jailed Chinese gambler sells multimillion-dollar mansion Top celebrity moves in the inner west this year “I don’t think anyone at the start of the year would have predicted the turn around that we saw, especially not the pace,” Dib Chidiac of DIB CHIDIAC said. Golfer Craig Parry sold his Abbotsford home sold for $10 million.Source:Supplied Experts 2020 property predictions Experts 2020 property predictions “The start of the year sellers were taking losses on what they had paid in the last two to three years, but now some vendors are even selling for more than what they paid during the boom.” There were a number of records set across the inner west. Property developer John Gobbo set the benchmark for houses, paying $14.25 million for a waterfront Birchgrove home from… Read full this story
- Recession Alert: What Home Buyers and Sellers Need To Know About the Housing Market
- Housing market strong despite virus fears
- Low rates, warming housing market - is it deja vu for Bank of Canada's Stephen Poloz?
- Housing market outlook: prices still poised to rise, but so are risks
- Adelaide’s inner city fringe suburbs the best performers over the past decade
- Houston’s housing market faces uncertain future amid coronavirus and oil price collapse
- More Realtors Close Businesses Amid Slowing Housing Market
- Metro Denver housing market holds its ground in February
- Houston housing market a tough sell for buyers
- Benchmark mortgage rate hits new low in U.S. housing market
- ‘Jaw dropping’: This Rose Bay resort-style home is a Sydney house like no other
- Two people found dead at house in Kelston, West Auckland
Sydney house market: Inner west finishes 2019 as one of Australia’s best markets have 341 words, post on www.news.com.au at December 16, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.