The Kazakh Interior Ministry had initially said 15 people had been killed, but it later published a list of victims that mentioned only 12 dead, including the captain, a BBC report said.
The Ministry said in a statement: “On board were five crew members and 93 passengers, among whom there are foreigners: two citizens of Ukraine, one citizen of Kyrgyzstan, one citizen of China and the rest of the citizens of Kazakhstan. Twelve people were killed, including the commander of the crew,” news agency IANS quoted Efe news report.
@MFA_KZ has received with deep sadness the tragic news about the plane crash near the #Almaty city. We express our deepest #condolences to the families of the victims of the #BekAir plane crash. The Ministry wishes the injured passengers a speedy recovery. pic.twitter.com/MZ7Ih3CoQN
— MFA Kazakhstan 🇰🇿 (@MFA_KZ) December 27, 2019
Kazakh Deputy Prime Minister Roman Sklyar told the media here: “Those (victims) were mainly passengers who were in the nose (of the aircraft). A total of 12 people were killed in the accident, eight of them were killed at the scene, two people died in the hospital and two others at the Almaty airport.”
— Kazakhstan 🇰🇿 (@Kazakhstan) December 27, 2019
Bek Air Flight Z2100 was en route from Almaty to the capital Nur-Sultan when it lost altitude and crashed into a concrete building at 7.22 a.m. It had 95 passengers and five crew members on board. Skylar added that that the runway at the airport was in perfect condition during take off.
The plane was travelling from Almaty to the Kazakh capital Nur-Sultan but disappeared from radars. The Kazakh government has created a special commission to investigate the incident.
“The commission is heading for the crash site. All the details and causes (of the crash) will be found. Until the circumstances of the incident are clarified, all flights of planes of this type will be suspended,” the ministry added.
The airport authorities also said that they have suspended flights of Fokker-100 planes following the air crash. The Bek Air airline uses Fokker-100 planes for the flights from Almanty to Nur-Sultan.
(With inputs from agencies)
- Here's what we know about the 100 people who've died in the US from coronavirus
- PCB awaiting COVID-19 test results of around 100 people after suspension of PSL
- Coronavirus forces couples to pull the pin on wedding plans as gatherings of more than 100 people banned
- Australia advises against all international travel for the first time in history as gatherings of more than 100 people are BANNED - but schools will stay open under tough new coronavirus restrictions
- More than 100 people die of coronavirus in one day in America for the first time - as the nation records the highest number of new cases per day in the WORLD and 187 million across 16 states are told to stay at home
- Maine advises quarantine for 100 people as virus cases grow
- France Bans Groups of More Than 100 People as Part of Coronavirus Efforts
- Indonesian divers, 'pinger locators', hunt for doomed plane's cockpit recorders
- Two Dead After Amtrak Train Crashes Into Backhoe and Derails South of Philadelphia
- How hotels, clubs and restaurants will be able to host FAR MORE than the 100-person limit thanks to extraordinary loophole
- Coronavirus lockdown could last 10-12 WEEKS: Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin warns millions may have to stay home until June in to slow the spread as he nears deal that will pump $1TRILLION into the economy and give families $3K each
- Elite Public Schools Board of Directors extends closure prompted
- Nintendo Switch online goes DOWN leaving some unable to access its eShop as people across the world begin self-isolating due to coronavirus
- Houston is Great for People of All Ages...Even Retirees
- A Louisiana pastor defies a state order and holds a church service with hundreds of people
- Coronavirus in Australia: Confusion over shutdown rules as people struggle to figure out what they can and can’t do
- Emiliano Sala's doomed plane broke up in mid-air when unlicensed pilot flew too fast and lost control while attempting to avoid bad weather after carbon monoxide leak, report finds
- MH370 passengers in 'terrifying 12 min death dive' after pilot 'incinerated in cockpit'
- 2 dead in Southern California small plane crash
- Iran admits shooting down Ukrainian passenger plane “unintentionally”
Plane With 100 People On Board Crashes In Kazakhstan, At Least 12 Dead have 764 words, post on news.abplive.com at December 27, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.