North Korea’s ambassador to the United Nations said on December 7 that denuclearisation is off the negotiating table with the United States and lengthy talks with Washington are not needed.Ambassador Kim Song’s comment appeared to go further than North Korea’s earlier warning that discussions related to its nuclear weapons program, the central focus of U.S. engagement with North Korea in the past two years, might have to be taken off the table given Washington’s refusal to offer concessions.Kim said in a statement that the “sustained and substantial dialogue” sought by the United States was a “time-saving trick” to suit its domestic political agenda, a reference to US President Donald Trump’s 2020 re-election bid.Close “We do not need to have lengthy talks with the U.S. now and denuclearisation is already gone out of the negotiating table,” he said in the statement made available to Reuters. related news Wall Street Week Ahead: Tariff deadline keeps focus on trade as 2019 draws to close At least eight killed in Kenya in suspected Islamist militant attack OPEC agrees oil output cuts after much ‘brain squeezing’ The U.S. State Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment.Tensions have risen ahead of a year-end… Read full this story
- China dominated, North Korea made splash at Asiad
- North Korea plans to attend University Games in South Korea
- North Korea to send cheering squad to Asian Games
- North Korea proposes to send athletes, cheerleaders to South Korea’s Asian Games
- Japanese lawmaker, ex-NFL lineman in North Korea
- North Korea to participate in Asian Games in South Korea
- South Korea downs North Korea for soccer gold
- Rodman plans US-North Korea game
- North Korea struts in style on world sports stage
- Rodman to stage basketball exhibition in North Korea
- North Korea threatens to boycott Asian Games
- Does Kenneth Bae owe his release from North Korea to Dennis Rodman?
North Korea's UN envoy says denuclearisation off negotiating table with US have 320 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at December 8, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.