North Korea conducted a “crucial test” at a launching station on its western coast on Friday, which its military chief claimed will be used to develop “another strategic weapon” aimed at deterring a nuclear threat from the United States.The Academy of Defense Science, the North’s agency responsible for its missile development program, announced in an English statement released to the official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) on Saturday that the test had been successfully conducted between 10:41 to 10:48 p.m. Friday at the Sohae Satellite Launching Ground, where just six days earlier it tested what is believed to be a rocket engine possibly intended for a long-range missile.Pak Jong-chon“The research successes being registered by us in defense science one after another recently will be applied to further bolstering up the reliable strategic nuclear deterrent of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea,” the statement read, using the formal name for North Korea.Another English-language statement regarding the test followed shortly after, issued by Pak Jong-chon, chief of the General Staff of the Korean People’s Army, who claimed the “priceless data, experience and new technologies” gained through the regime’s weapons tests will be used to “definitely and reliably” restrain and overpower a U.S…. Read full this story
- North Korea test: what is a miniaturised hydrogen bomb?
- Japanese Officials Alarmed After Defense Systems Unable to Detect Recent North Korea Tests
- BCCI Stands Firm On Not Allowing Anti-Doping Body To Conduct Tests On Indian Cricketers
- North Korea accused of 'maniacal recklessness' after nuclear test triggers earthquake
- Exclusive: As North Korea expands arsenal, Japan's missile defense shield faces unforeseen costs - sources
- Why Trump shouldn't run the North Korea playbook on Iran
- Top South Korea security officials talk nuclear in North
- North Korea stays silent on Donald Trump meeting with Kim Jong Un
- North Korea's foreign minister visits Sweden amid Trump-Kim summit speculation
- Sweden and North Korea end talks ahead of possible Trump-Kim summit
- North Korea denuclearization: Can Pyongyang be trusted?
- North Korea's nuclear claims provoke doubts as analysts await 'smoking gun'
North conducts yet another test from Sohae site have 347 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at December 16, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.