Nissan Motor’s new president and CEO Makoto Uchida has a lot of homework to do to restore the firm to health AFP/Behrouz MEHRI In his first comments since taking the reins at the auto giant, Makoto Uchida acknowledged the firm had made mistakes in its internal corporate culture and faced a “difficult” financial environment. “There are three words that guide me — respect, transparency and trust,” said Uchida, new boss of a company battered first by a falsified data scandal and then the alleged financial misconduct of Ghosn, who denies all charges. “I want our employees to feel proud that they work for Nissan. If we can do this, we will regain the trust of our customers,” said the 53-year-old. But the new CEO has a mountain to climb to restore Nissan to health in an industry in turmoil and undergoing once-in-a-generation restructuring. Only last month, the firm was forced to slash its full-year forecast for both sales and profits, admitting it had been hit by weak demand in Japan, the US and Europe. This came as Nissan reported its worst first-half results since the global financial crisis a decade ago. “Please allow me to express my sincere regrets. I… Read full this story
- New Nissan Leaf 2018: Release date, specs and everything you need to know
- Serious Fraud Office appoints new interim boss
- Ready for a new Nissan Z? Brand executive hints at multiple engines for 370Z successor
- New BBC boss demands “genuine digital content”
- New Samsung CEO vows to shift focus towards "soft capabilities" like design and user experience
- Switzer Performance unintentionally sets new Nissan GT-R quarter-mile record
- EU’s new digital boss: 'I can use an iPhone'
- Comments for : New Samsung CEO vows to shift focus towards "soft capabilities" like design and user experience
- 2019 Subaru Forester teased before New York show debut
- Integrity, trust and future tech developments on VW annual meeting agenda
- Trust issues surrounding data privacy: Blockchain is the new backbone to the internet
- 33 Best New Android Games From Last Week (3/25/12
New Nissan boss vows to rebuild trust after Ghosn have 340 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at December 3, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.