US President Donald Trump said Chinese-American Xiyue Wang, 38, who was sentenced in 2016 to 10 years for spying, was returning to the United States. This followed Tehran’s announcement about the release of Iranian scientist Massoud Soleimani from the United States. Xiyue Wang and his wife Hua Qu. Picture: SuppliedSource:Supplied In a statement issued by the White House, Mr Trump thanked the Swiss government – which represents US diplomatic interests in Iran – for its help in negotiating Mr Wang’s release three years after he was first detained. “Freeing Americans held captive is of vital importance to my Administration, and we will continue to work hard to bring home all our citizens wrongfully held captive overseas,” he said. President Donald Trump. Picture: APSource:AP Mr Wang’s wife Hua Qu said: “Our family is complete once again. Our son Shaofan and I have waited three long years for this day and it´s hard to express in words how excited we are to be reunited with Xiyue.” The New York Post reported that Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said on Twitter: “Glad that Professor Massoud Soleimani and Mr Xiyue Wang will be joining their families shortly. Many thanks to all engaged, particularly… Read full this story
- SPS student discipline data shows disparity among minorities
- Russia, Ukraine Conduct Mass Prisoner Swap
- Kuwait expels Iranian diplomats over spy 'terror' cell
- Iran's supreme leader: No talks with the U.S. at any level
- American socialist: Bernie Sanders' long shot presidential campaign gains steam
- Investigators Examine Possibility of Secret US Prison in Germany
- Students raise trout
- Iran Defiant as Nuclear Deadline Expires
- Ex-MI6 spy Christopher Steele charged £130,000 for Trump ‘dirty dossier’ and ‘sexed it up to please the people paying him’
- Virtual students connect in person
- Scientists close to resurrecting gigantic mythical MEGA-COW which went extinct 400 years ago
- What is the Wrexham super prison, is HMP Berwyn open, how many inmates can it hold and how much did it cost?
Iran frees American student held since 2016 on spying charges in prisoner swap for scientist held by the US have 328 words, post on www.news.com.au at December 8, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.