It was during the 26th over of the Indian winnings when a dog entered the ground forcing the umpires to stop the play. Rishabh Pant and Shreyas Iyer were batting when the animal started running from one side to the other on the pitch.
The crowd gathered at the stadium enjoyed as the entire scene unfolded on the giant screen. After running on the ground and evading the security personnel trying to ward him off the ground for a few minutes, the stray dog finally left the field and the game could be resumed.
India posted 287/8 in 50 overs and set a target of 288 for West Indies to chase after their captain Virat Kohli was invited to bat first. Shreyas Iyer (70) and Rishabh Pant (71) scored impressive half-centuries and stitched a crucial century stand to ensure the hosts post a decent total on the board as top three were dismissed cheaply.
— Yadneshkene (@Yadneshkene1) December 15, 2019
KL Rahul (6), Kohli (4) and Rohit Sharma (36) fell cheaply as the onus shifted on the middle order to post a decent total for India.
After Iyer and Pant’s departure, Kedar Jadhav (40) and Ravindra Jadeja (21) played some cameos to ensure their team had a decent total on the board and the bowlers had something to defend on a track which remained on the slower side.
- The world's most cunning canine? Arkansas stray dog avoids animal catchers 92 times
- Stray dog stops major soccer match in its tracks ... by pooping on field
- Sochi plans mass killing of stray dogs ahead of Winter Olympics
- The dogs of war: Nonprofit finds New York City home for stray dog from Afghanistan
- Former Marine raises $4,000 to bring beloved stray dog from Afghanistan
- Sochi Olympic Games: Stray dogs, yellow water and unfinished construction... and we didn't even start
- SEE IT: Houston family rescues stray dog with head stuck in jug for two months
- California homeless man took in 10 stray dogs in trip across the country, received new trailer to live in
- 2-year-old S.C. boy mauled by stray dogs after slipping out of home unnoticed
- Chilean 'Dalmatian Man' wants to save as many stray dogs as possible
- Stray dog guards dead puppy’s grave in Georgia cemetery
- University of the West Indies benefit to honor Ailey ballet's Judith Jamison