Hyundai India has released the first set of design sketches of the all-new Aura compact-sedan for the Indian market. The new Hyundai Aura will replace the current Xcent in the brand’s Indian product lineup.
The all-new Hyundai Aura is expected to debut in the Indian market on the 19th of December 2019. As seen from the sketches, the new compact-sedan will feature a similar design language to the recently launched Grand i10 NIOS hatchback.
Based on the design sketches, we can expect the new Hyundai Aura compact-sedan to come with an aggressive and sporty look. The sweptback headlamps, large central grille up front, with the integrated LED DRLs, all add to the sporty theme of the sedan.
The side profile of the Hyundai Aura will be simple and clean, with minimalistic styling. It will feature sharp character lines, a completely new design for the alloy wheels and a blacked-out C-Pillar; giving it a floating roof design.
The rear profile is characterised by the stylish new LED taillights, while the roof slopes down to offer a coupe-like design. This goes well to manage the proportions of the compact-sedan as well. The coupe-like design, along with the LED taillights also add to the premium yet sporty appeal of the new Hyundai Aura.
Hyundai is yet to reveal the interiors of the new Aura compact-sedan. However, we can expect it to be similar to the Grand i10 NIOS.
This will include a large touchscreen infotainment system at the centre of the dashboard, twin-pod instrument cluster with a large MID at its centre, steering wheel with mounted controls and soft-touch material all-around the dashboard to enhance the premium appeal in the cabin.
The dashboard could also be offered with a dual-tone theme, similar to that on the NIOS. We can also expect the new Hyundai Aura to feature the gear lever integrated with the centre console of the dashboard as well.
Hyundai has already confirmed the engine options which will be available on the upcoming Aura compact-sedan. The new Hyundai Aura will be powered by three engine options: 1.2-litre ‘Kappa’ petrol, 1.0-litre turbo-petrol and a 1.2-litre U2 diesel.
All three engine options will be compliant with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms of April 2020. The engines will come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with the optional AMT automatic transmission offered on the 1.2-litre petrol and diesel engines. The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol will not receive any choice of an automatic gearbox.
Thoughts On The New Hyundai Aura Compact-Sedan For India
The new Hyundai Aura compact-sedan will replace the ageing Xcent in the company’s model lineup. It will come with a completely new design, updated engine specs and a host of new features. Once launched in India, the new Hyundai Aura will rival the likes of the Ford Aspire, Tata Tigor and the Honda Amaze in the compact sub-4 metre sedan segment.
- Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Sportz Turbo Variants Prices Revealed Ahead Of India Launch
- Toyota Vellfire India Launch Date Confirmed: Expected To Rival The Mercedes-Benz V-Class
- Mini John Cooper Works India Launch Date Revealed — You Don’t Need A Big One To Be Happy!
- Going eco-friendly: Suzuki Motorcycle India launches BS-VI compliant Burgman Street scooter at Rs 77,900
- Hero Xtreme 160R Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Will Rival The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V
- Oppo reveals more details of Reno3 Pro before March 2 India launch
- Suzuki Burgman Street 125 BS6 Model Launched In India At Rs 77,900
- Volkswagen T-Roc Launching In India On 18 March: Details And Expected Prices
- 2020 Hyundai Creta To Launch In March; Details Out
- Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace Launching In India On 6 March: Details And Expected Pricing
- Toyota Vellfire MPV Launching In India On 26 February: Details And Expected Price
- 2020 Hyundai Creta Interior Sketches Released
- Top 5 Most Fuel-Efficient Compact SUVs In India
- Hyundai Venue BS6 Diesel Launched In India At Rs 8.09 Lakh: Borrows Powertrain From Kia Seltos
- Next-gen Kia Sorento Revealed Ahead Of Debut At Geneva Motor Show
- Hyundai Verna Facelift Model Unveiled In Russia: India Bound Later This Year
- Images Of The Third Generation Hyundai i20 Leaked — All You Need To Know
- Hyundai i20 Active Models Discontinued In India: Unlisted From Company Website
- 2021 Hyundai i20 Debuts: New Design, Tech, And Mild Hybrid System
- 2020 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle BS6 Models Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.39 Lakh
Hyundai Aura Compact-Sedan Official Design Sketches Revealed: India Launch Expected Soon have 872 words, post on www.drivespark.com at December 17, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.