Motorbike emissions are a major reason for air pollution. More seriously, old motorcycles banned from traffic are still rolling on streets.
According to the HCM City Transport Department, the agency is going to report to the municipal authorities about the need to control motorbike emissions in the city as a measure to ease air pollution.
|According to the HCM City Transport Department, the agency is going to report to the municipal authorities about the need to control motorbike emissions in the city as a measure to ease air pollution.|
The plan aims to assess people’s willingness to restrict emissions, and encourage people to repair motorbikes and replace motorbike parts, or shift to using vehicles with higher emission standards.
After six months of implementation, the transport department will create a detailed official roadmap for motorbike emission control in HCM City.
“With the rapid increase in number of motorbikes and the increased pollution, the plan on controlling emissions needs to be implemented soon,” he said, adding that it is necessary to develop public transport at the same time.
Auir pollution caused by motorbikes is more dangerous than emissions from cars.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has asked the leaders of Hanoi to apply radical solutions to handle air pollution.
The fact that air pollution alerts in HCMC are not timely made available is attributable to the Center for Environment and Natural Resources Monitoring’s use of outdated environmental monitoring devices, said Cao Tung Son, director of the center.
- A mix-up means US air pollution is way worse than thought
- This smog tower turns air pollution into jewelry
- Household products make surprisingly large contributions to air pollution
- Study: 9 out of 10 air pollution deaths occur in developing countries
- New guidelines to tackle China's severe air pollution problem
- Hourly Model of Air Pollution Can Reduce Health Costs
- Consumer and Industrial Products Now a Dominant Urban Air Pollution Source
- Excess Emissions' Make Significant Contribution to Air Pollution
- Bad break: Osteoporosis-related bone fractures linked to air pollution
- Rooftop sensors on U.S. embassies are warning the world about ‘crazy bad’ air pollution
- One U.S. city is using smart asthma inhalers to help monitor air pollution
- Kickstarter project sells world’s first ink made out of air pollution