Apple Watch Series dominated India’s smart watch market as a strong millennial base with rising disposable income offers immense growth potential for wearable devices.
The Indian market for wearable devices grew 30.9% sequentially in the second quarter of 2019 – – reaching an all-time high of 30 lakh shipments in a single quarter, according to the IDC.
Smart Watches saw a healthy 99.6% (YoY) and 42.9% (QoQ) growth in the second quarter.
Fossil made a return after struggling with stock issues to became the leading wearable watch brand with 34% category share, the IDC said.
However, continuing its lead over its competitors, Apple Watch Series 5 remained the first choice for watch lovers in the country.
According to Sanjay Gupta (India Head), Vice President and India Country Manager, NXP Semiconductors, “technological advancements combined with machine learning abilities, embedded Artificial Intelligence technology along with IoT can unlock a whole new world of opportunities for the Smart Watch market in 2020”.
Top 5 smart watches Indians loved the most in 2019:
Apple Watch Series 5: The Apple Watch Series 5 is powered by WatchOS 6 and comes with a new ‘Always On’ display feature. The latest smartwatch from Apple features top-of-the-line ECG and fall detection features, among other health benefits.
For added personal safety while travelling, users with cellular models of Apple Watch Series 5 can now complete international calls to emergency services, regardless of where the device was originally purchased or if the cellular plan has been activated.
New location features, from a built-in compass to current elevation, help users better navigate their day. Apple Watch Series 5 is available in a wider range of materials, including aluminium, stainless steel, ceramic and an all-new titanium variant.
The Smart Watch is available at starting price of ₹40,900 in India.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G: Galaxy Watch 4G is Samsung’s first smartwatch to launch with e-SIM support.
With LTE connectivity, one can use the watch without a smartphone. The Watch Active 4G lets users respond to text messages, use GPS mapping, stream music and more without a smartphone.
Customers can register for an e-SIM with Airtel or Reliance Jio. The device also features 21 new indoor exercises from a selection of 39 activities.
Additionally, the smartwatch is designed to help users track food and water intake as well. It also comes with sleep and stress tracking features.
The device features two dials, 42mm and 46mm dial at ₹28,490 and ₹30,990, respectively.
Huawei Watch GT 2: Huawei Watch GT 2 is the successor of the Huawei Watch GT that the company launched earlier this year. The Watch is powered by a Kirin A1 SoC which has been launched exclusively for wearable devices.
The 46mm variant of Huawei GT 2 packs in a 455mAh battery while the smaller 42mm variant houses a 215mAh battery.
The company claims 14-day battery life for the 46mm variant while the 42mm has a claimed battery life of seven days.
It has 15 sports tracking functionality which includes eight outdoor sports such as running, walking, climbing, hiking trail running, cycling, open water, triathlon and seven indoor sports. The Huawei Watch GT 2 is available at a starting price of ₹14,990.
Fossil Gen 5: Powered by Wear OS, Fossil has introduced the Gen 5 Smartwatch in the growing India wearable market for ₹22,995 that promises extended battery mode and has a swim proof speaker.
It sports a chunky 1.28-inch AMOLED screen with a pixel density of 328ppi (pixel per inch) and three pushers on the right side and the middle of which is a rotatable crown.
Fossil Gen 5 comes with a heart rate monitor, accelerometer, gyroscope, altimeter and ambient light sensor.
Gen 5 will come with a series of auto-installed apps, music-streaming service Spotify, peace of mind and safety app, Noonlight and Nike Run Club.
Amazfit GTR: The smartwatch is equipped with 24-day battery life, 1.39-inch AMOLED display, Corning Gorilla 3 tempered glass with anti-fingerprint coating. GTR (47.2 mm standard edition) comes in titanium, stainless steel and aluminium alloy models and is available for ₹10,999.
It features characteristics like ‘BioTracker PPG’ optical heart rate sensor, six-axis acceleration sensor, three-axis Geomagnetic sensor, Pressure sensor, Ambient Light sensor, 50 meters water-resistant, app notifications and incoming calls.
The smartwatch comes with 12 different sports modes, including several variations of running, cycling, swimming, mountaineering, trail running and workout.
Once the activity is finished, the smartwatch displays all the data collected like distance, pace, bpm range, laps, time per lap and much more.
- Best Cyber Monday 2022 Apple Deals: AirPods Pro 2 $200, iPhone 14 cases, MagSafe gear, more
- Tim Cook talks Parler, politics, Tesla, privacy, and Apple in AR in wide-ranging interview
- Cyber Monday 2022 has started at Amazon - see all this weekend's best deals
- World Cup 2022: Live stream, how to watch in 4K, schedule, start times, TV channel for Argentina vs. Mexico
- This Epson Home Cinema Projector is $100 off on Black Friday | Digital Trends
- 5 'Friends' Thanksgiving Episodes That Couldn't BE Any More Hilarious
- Walmart Black Friday deals: Laptops, TVs, and more | Digital Trends
- What Is Tidal? The hi-fi streaming music service explained | Digital Trends
- How Panera Bread Navigated Covid, the Labor Market, Inflation and More
- 12 AirPods Features You Should be Using
- 6 earbuds that have never been cheaper than Black Friday | Digital Trends
- Hulu with Live TV vs. Sling TV: Which is right for you? | Digital Trends
- An Optimist at the Helm of IBM
- OLED TV Black Friday deals: LG, Samsung, and Sony | Digital Trends
- 2022 Kia EV6 GT Line Review: Charges faster than a Porsche, priced like a Tesla
- Margot Robbie reveals THIS film made her feel like a ‘good actor’
- Tantrums and Meltdowns. When Children Tag Along on the House Hunt.
Apple tops best smart watch list of 2019 in India have 896 words, post on www.thehindu.com at December 26, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.