Implementing the agenda of the whole tenure, the 12th Party Central Committee convened its 11th plenary meeting in Hanoi from October 7-12 to discuss and give opinions on draft reports to be submitted to the 13th National Party Congress.
Party General Secretary and President Nguyen Phu Trong speaks at the closing session
Party General Secretary and PresidentNguyen Phu Trong chaired and delivered opening and closing speeches at the meeting.
1. The Party Central Committee discussedand gave opinions on draft reports to be submitted to the 13th National Party Congress: The draftPolitical Report; the draftreport on the 10-year implementation of thePlatform on national construction during the transitional period to socialism (revised andsupplemented in 2011); the draftreport summarising the implementation of the socio-economicstrategy in the 2011-2020 period and the building of asocio-economic development strategy for the 2021-2030 period; the draft report reviewing the outcomes of implementing the socio-economicdevelopment tasks in the 2016-2020 period and socio-economic development orientationsand tasks for the 2021-2025 period; and thedraft report reviewing the implementation of Party building work andenforcement of the Party Statute of the12th term.
The Party Central Committeeassigned the Political Bureau, based on the opinions discussed by the PartyCentral Committee and the Political Bureau’s report on acquirement andexplanation, to complete the aforesaid draft documents for the deployment of nextsteps.
The Party Central Committeeagreed to propose the 13th National Party Congress maintain thecurrent Party Statute (not supplemented, revised); and assign the PoliticalBureau to acquire opinions of the Party Central Committee and suggestions from party committees at alllevels and party organizations to adjust through regulations and instructionsof the Party Central Committee, Political Bureau and Secretariat.
2. The Party Central Committeedebated and gave ideas on the report on the socio-economic situation and theimplementation of state budget in 2019; the socio-economic development plan for2020; state budget estimate for 2020 and the finance-budget plan for 2020-2022.
The Party Central Committee entrustedthe Political Bureau, based on the opinions discussed by the Party Central Committeeand the Political Bureau’s report on acquirement and explanation, to completethe documents and issue conclusions; and instruct the Government’s Party CivilAffairs Committee to complete the report for submission to the 8th sessionof the 14th National Assembly for consideration and decision.
3. The Party Central Committeeconsidered, discussed and put forth suggestions to documents: a report on thePolitical Bureau’s settlement of important issues since the 10th plenary meeting of the 12th Party Central Committee and a report onthe party finance work in 2018.
4. The Party Central Committee elected four more members of the 12th Party Central Committee’s Inspection Commission;considered and decided to expel Nguyen Bac Son, former member of the10th-tenure Party Central Committee and former deputy head of the Party CentralCommittee’s Commission for Information and Education; and Truong Minh Tuan,member of the 12th-tenure Party Central Committee, deputy head of the PartyCentral Committee’s Commission for Information and Education, former Secretaryof the Party Civil Affairs Committee and former Minister of Information andCommunications from the Party.
5. The Party Central Committeecalled on the entire Party, people and army to strengthen solidarity and unity,uphold the important and comprehensive achievements gained in the first ninemonths of 2019; spare no efforts to overcome difficulties and challenges;resolutely and persistently struggle to firmly safeguard the country’sindependence, sovereignty, unification and territorial integrity; firmlymaintain the peaceful and stable environment; accomplish the targets and tasksset for 2019-2020 and the whole tenure of the 12th National PartyCongress; and successfully organize party congresses at all levels towards the13th National Party Congress.
Party Central Committee’s 11th plenum wraps up
The 11th plenum of the 12th Party Central Committee concluded in Hanoi on October 12 after six days of sitting, fulfilling all of its set working agenda.
The Party Central Committee agreed to approve the 11th plenary meeting’s Resolution.
In his closing speech, Party General Secretary and President Nguyen Phu Trong said at this plenum, the committee basically agreed with contents and issues presented in draft reports.
The draft reports reflected the results of the 10-year implementation of the Platform on national construction in the period of transition to socialism (revised and supplemented in 2011) or Platform 2011 for short, and the socio-economic strategy for 2011-2020, he said.
The committee also reviewed the five-year implementation of the Resolution of the 12th National Party Congress and gave many important ideas on major issues and matters, he added.
The Party Central Committee entrusted the Politburo to direct the sub-committees to urgently and seriously acquire the committee’s opinions, and continue completing draft documents to be submitted to all-level Party congresses for feedback.
The sub-committees were requested to well organise the collecting of ideas of all-level party congresses for perfecting the draft documents to be submitted to the Party Central Committee for approval in 2020 and then to the people for feedback before the 13th National Party Congress begins.
The leader stressed that the objective assessment of the situation and reasons of the achievements as well as shortcomings and limitations in the past time, and the correct forecast of the national situation and the development trend of the world in the coming time are conditions to define right orientations, objectives and tasks for national development during the 2021-2026 tenure.
The Party Central Committee underlined the need to uphold achievements and lessons during the 12th tenure, while further strengthening the Party building and rectification work, and fighting bureaucracy, corruption, wastefulness in association with building a rule-governed socialist state and a strong and pure political system.
It is also crucial to improve the Party’s leadership and ruling capacity, the effectiveness and efficiency of State management, as well as prevent and push back the degradation of political ideology, morality, and lifestyle in the Party and in society, the committee noted.
Attention should also be paid to strictly implementing the principles of Party building and organization, and consolidating the people’s belief in the Party and the State.
The Party Central Committee also emphasised the necessity to renew and improve the quality of compiling, promulgation and implementation of Party resolutions, laws and policies of the State.
Regarding socio-economic development and State budget for 2019-2020, the committee held that the country has recorded positive and comprehensive changes in all fields.
Positive achievements in 2019 have created new momentum for the completion of the objectives and tasks set for 2020 and for the 2016-2020 period, it said.
The committee also pointed out difficulties and challenges facing the country in socio-economic development, especially factors can have negative impacts on macroeconomic stability, inflation control, and social security and order.
The committee asked for more efforts to successfully complete the objectives and tasks set for 2019-2020.
At the meeting, after considering proposals by the Political Bureau, the Party Central Committee elected four more members of the Party Central Committee’s Inspection Commission in order to strengthen its power.
The Party Central Committee also considered and decided to expel Nguyen Bac Son, former member of the 10th-tenure Party Central Committee and former deputy head of the Party Central Committee’s Commission for Information and Education; and Truong Minh Tuan, member of the 12th-tenure Party Central Committee, deputy head of the Party Central Committee’s Commission for Information and Education, former Secretary of the Party Civil Affairs Committee and former Minister of Information and Communications from the Party.
Since the beginning of the 12th tenure, the Party Central Committee, the Political Bureau, the Secretariat and the Party Central Committee’s Inspection Commission disciplined more than 70 senior officials under the management of the Party Central Committee, including one Politburo member and four members of the 12th-tenure Party Central Committee, 14 former members of the Party Central Committee, one former deputy prime minister, five ministers and former ministers, two secretaries of provincial party committees, five former secretaries of provincial party committees and 17 generals.
The Political Bureau and the Secretariat of the Party Central Committee also imposed disciplinary measures against seven party organisations, including the Party Civil Affairs Committees of the Ministries of Trade and Industry; Natural Resources and Environment; Information and Communications; and Transport; and the Standing Boards of the Overseas Party Committee, the municipal Party Committee of Da Nang city and the provincial Party Committee of Vinh Phuc province.
The top leader stressed that 2020 is the final year to implement the 12th National Party Congress’s Resolution, the five-year socio-economic development plan 2016-2020 and the ten-year socio-economic development strategy and hold party congresses at all levels towards the 13th National Party Congress.
He called on compatriots, comrades and soldiers nationwide to join hands and uphold the achievements in 2019 and the tradition of solidarity and patriotism in order to successfully implement resolutions of the Party and this meeting, thus creating a new impulse for the accomplishment of the targets and tasks set by the 12th National Party Congress and preparing for the organisation of party congresses at all levels and the 13th National Party Congress./. VNA/VNN
- BJP Parliamentary Party Executive Committee: PM Modi leader in Lok Sabha; Shah remains party chief
- TN local body polls: BJP names functionaries to announce party candidates
- Party official welcomes executives of Warburg Pincus, Nike
- Qualcomm asked to support Vietnam’s technology eco-system
- PM disciplines incumbent, former officials of Khanh Hoa
- Special policies needed to give ethnic minorities equal opportunity access
- Vietnam leader wants Party to analyze East Sea situation
- Late Party General Secretary Nguyen Van Linh commemorated
- Vietnam Party moves against top officials implicated in ongoing graft cases
- Vietnam treasures relations with Egypt: Party official
- Vietnam party chief, president hosts key meeting after sick leave
- Hold military leaders accountable for land management violations: Party inspectors