Ryu Hyun-jinKorean major leaguer Ryu Hyun-jin finished second in the 2019 National League Cy Young Award voting on Wednesday.Ryu may have fared badly in the vote — he came in with just one of 30 first-place votes — but still makes history as the first Asian pitcher in the major league to earn a first-place vote for the Cy Young Award.With 29 first-place votes, Jacob deGrom of the New York Mets won the National League’s Cy Young Award. With a win, deGrom took the title for the second straight season. In the overall standing, deGrom finished well ahead of Ryu with a total of 207 points. Ryu finished second with 88 points. Looking at deGrom’s 2019 season, he’s picked up 11 wins and eight losses with a 2.43 ERA. Although he’s picked up less wins and has a higher ERA than Ryu, deGrom led the National League in terms of number of innings pitched, at 204, and strikeouts, at 255.Ryu pitched 182 and two-thirds of an inning and picked up 14 wins and five losses with a league-topping 2.32 ERA.Votes were made by the members of the Baseball Writers’ Association of America based on performance in the regular season. Votes… Read full this story
- The Mosquito Problem - Bulgarian Film Wins Human Rights Award at Sarajevo, 2007
- Tips for Winning Auction Site Awards
- Award Programs - Which One's Are Credible?
- A Brief History of Wado Ryu Karate-Do - Part I of III
- In Conversation with Juno Award-Winning Canadian Fiddler Shari Ulrich
- Prince Harry chokes up at the WellChild Awards as he talks about becoming a father - while Meghan Markle joins him on stage and re-wears her engagement dress
- Advertising and Marketing Awards - 10 Ways to Win
- Award Winning Newsletter - 20 Minutes to a Successful Marketing Newsletter
- No Win No Fee Claims for Personal Injury in the UK
- Entering Awards Boosts Your Coaching Practice
- Personal Diamond Awards
- Grammy Award Winner - Nelly Furtado
Ryu Hyun-jin very nearly wins Cy Young Award have 318 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at November 15, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.