Donald Trump on Thursday bashed the first two witnesses to appear for public hearings as part of the impeachment inquiry after they could not say whether there was an ‘impeachable offense’ in his phone call with his Ukrainian counterpart. The president directly weighed in on Twitter after making general public comments on Wednesday and quoting and reposting several sentiments to his account throughout the hearing. ‘@RepRatcliffe asked the two ‘star’ witnesses, ‘where is the impeachable event in that call?’ Both stared straight ahead with a blank look on their face, remained silent, & were unable to answer the question. That would be the end of a case run by normal people! – but not Shifty!’ Trump tweeted Thursday morning. He is directly referencing a moment in the hearing where Republican Representative John Ratcliffe asked the two witnesses, former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Bill Taylor and Deputy Assistant Secretary for European and Eurasian Affairs George Kent, to point to the impeachable offense in the call. Donald Trump claimed Thursday morning that the Democrats’ ‘star witnesses’ of the impeachment inquiry were unable to point to an impeachable offense from his call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky Trump referenced Republican Rep. John Ratcliffe’s… Read full this story
- 'Did Schiff tell him to do that?' Donald Trump claims Democrats coached Ukraine call whistle-blower to get details 'sooo wrong' and says he should be NAMED and forced to testify
- Donald Trump mocked with 'Top Trumps' graffiti in Shoreditch
- Donald Trump's bid to keep tax records from House fails
- Donald Trump says Kevin McAleenan is out at Homeland Security
- Donald Trump’s application for new golf course approved
- Donald Trump's bid to hire Trey Gowdy as his defense lawyer appears dead amid claims president was never enthusiastic about anti-impeachment move in first place
- Donald Trump lashes out as another official arrives to testify to impeachment probe, calling it a 'charade' and claiming he does not know 'most' of the witnesses drawn from top ranks of government
- Rudy Giuliani's arrested associate met Donald Trump BEFORE he even began his campaign, new photograph shows - and was at invite-only election night celebration
- Why try to impeach Donald Trump?
- Ted Cruz breaks ranks with Donald Trump saying president's call for China to investigate the Bidens was 'NOT' appropriate and says he'd like Rudy Giuliani to testify
- Donald Trump should go to PRISON according to majority of Democrats in early voting primary states as just 1 in 6 don't want the president impeached
- The ground has shifted on Donald Trump's impeachment
Donald Trump mocks Democrats' witnesses as both having 'a blank look on their face' after congressional hearing where Republicans accused them of being unable to point to 'impeachable' offenses in Ukraine have 423 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 14, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.