* US President Donald Trump met with Chinese Vice Premier Liu He in the White House Oval Office on Friday (October 11) afternoon, after the conclusion of the latest round of high-level economic and trade consultations between China and the United States. Trump said he is pleased to see that the US-China trade negotiations have yielded “substantial phase one” progress, which is a great thing for both nations and the world at large. * The number of civilians fleeing their homes due to the Turkish assault in northeastern Syria is estimated at 100,000, Stephane Dujarric, spokesman for UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, said on Friday. * Chinese President Xi Jinping and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi agreed in the southern Indian city of Chennai on October 11 to promote exchanges and mutual learning among civilizations to achieve joint development and prosperity. * US Secretary of Defense Mark Esper on Friday authorized an additional deployment of US military forces to Saudi Arabia to enhance the defense of the country. * Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Friday that his country’s ongoing military operation in northern Syria was designed to protect the rights of all people there and not to divide the… Read full this story
- Elon Musk: Workers should put in 100 hours a week to change the world
- US/CANADA BRIEFS: Wolfe picks up 'Those People'; trio launch Fireglory
- The Query: featuring news and analysis on the media by Claire Atkinson
- Allo, is anybody out there? A brief history of Google's ill-fated messenger [Updated]
- Everything Microsoft announced at the Xbox E3 2019 conference
- UK's Johnson heads for new defeat in Brexit crisis
- Airbus Says Taking 'Appropriate Measures' Against Hackers
- 25 Years of WIRED Predictions: Why the Future Never Arrives
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Expecting 1st Child in Spring
- Dr. Elon & Mr. Musk: Life Inside Tesla's Production Hell
- 10 flying objects people have mistaken for alien spaceships
- Inquiring minds: How did a tabloid get Jeff Bezos' texts?
World News in Brief: October 12 have 320 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.