Billionaire Nguyễn Thị Phương Thảo Most Vietnamese might assume that the country’s first female billionaire would be standoffish and difficult to know. But Nguyễn Thị Phương Thảo, who is one of 25 women on Forbes’ 2019 Asia’s Power Businesswomen’s list, is admired for her friendly manner and desire to support and inspire younger generations. Born in Hanoi in 1970, Thảo, CEO and president of Vietjet Air, is known in Southeast Asia as a powerful female leader with internationally renowned achievements in the aviation sector. After earning a bachelor’s degree in finance and credit and a PhD in economics from universities in Russia, Thảo began trading commodities in Eastern Europe and Asia. While working as a trader, Thảo predicted that demand for air travel would rise dramatically in Vietnam. In 2011, she launched the budget airline VietJet Air and took it public in February 2017. Since its launch, the airline has been a roaring success, and has helped put air travel within the reach of millions of Vietnamese. As the only woman to have started and run her own commercial airline, Thảo epitomises the values of the “Powerful Businesswoman” who defies stereotypes and breaks barriers. Besides… Read full this story
- Younger generation returning to realize personal dreams
- Jonathan’s sacrifices for democracy will inspire future generations – Buhari
- Eddie Jones rallies England with 'no fear' battle cry and tells his players to inspire a generation
- Taiwanese artist inspires from debris
- Enough of Gen Z’s sorry generation game. Get the boomers onside
- ‘The luxury generation’: Baby Boomer burden young Australians should utterly reject
- Vietnam’s female national football team ready to defend SEA Games title
- From removing tax breaks for rich retirees to scrapping negative gearing and saving the planet: Why younger voters are backing Bill Shorten in the May 18 election
- Vietnam Jan-Oct trade deficit with China hits record high of US$29 billion
- Future Star Wars Movie and TV Plans Revealed?
- Star Wars 9 Will Unite All Three Trilogies
- Vietnam's exports enjoy robust growth in US market
Vietnam’s first female billionaire inspires younger generations to reach for the stars have 346 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 13, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.