With investment in the domestic retail market forecasted to increase to US$180 billion by 2020, Vietnam is an attractive destination for foreign investors. However, in the past year, the market also witnessed the departure of several foreign retail brands, such as Shop & Go (Singapore) or Auchan (France). This shows the fierce completion in the market but, and also opens up new opportunities for domestic enterprises if they take advantage of opportunities to conquer the market. Reverse the situation In the first half of 2019, Vietnam’s retail marker witnessed a change in market share as domestic retailers continued to expand their coverage through a series of mergers and acquisitions (M&A). On April 2, VinCommerce, the unit managing the retail system of VinMart and VinMart+ under the conglomerate Vingroup, announced the receipt of transfer of a chain of 87 Shop & Go stores. Most recently, Saigon Co.op has transferred a system of 18 supermarkets and e-commerce platform and activities of Auchan in Vietnam. With this deal, for the first time ever there is a Vietnamese retailer that has acquired a world-class retail brand. The departure of the “big names” in the market shows their struggle to acquire market share in Vietnam…. Read full this story
- Examining the highest-grossing films in the domestic market: 'Titanic,' 'Avatar' and 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'
- Garuda Indonesia wants to strengthen its presence on its domestic market
- TFWA World exhibition workshops focus on inflight retail and opportunities in Asia Pacific
- Jet Airways achives growth of 53% in domestic markets in December
- TAT and AirAsia promotes Thailand mostly for the Thai domestic market
- Foreign goods puts pressure on domestic businesses
- Australia a land of opportunity for Vietnamese wood
- Vietnamese goods face hurdles in finding modern distribution channels
- Vietnam: A market with great potential for ASEAN food and beverage industry
- US – major export market of southern Dong Nai province
- Strong growth in fruit and vegetable exports to key markets
- Indonesia imposes anti-dumping duties on Vietnamese colour-coated steel sheets
Vietnamese retailers seize opportunities to conquer domestic market have 330 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at October 13, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.