Tourists visiting Tràm Chim National Park in the southern province of Đồng Tháp’s Tam Nông District. VNA/VNS Photo Chương Đài Thu Hằng Often referred to as the rice bowl of Việt Nam for its emerald-green rice paddies, the Mekong Delta is an alluring region rich in unspoiled countryside and peaceful rural settlements that attract nature and culture lovers. Blessed with fertile land, the southern delta is criss-crossed by thousands of kilometres of rivers and canals and is home to many picturesque pagodas and ethnic communities. The region’s offerings are abundant, from countryside tours where you can experience the life of ethnic communities to tours of rice fields, orchards, vegetable gardens, fish farms and floating markets. Visitors can also take part in spiritual tours to Bà Chúa Xứ Temple and the Bảy Núi (seven mountains) mountain range in An Giang Province, nature and wildlife tours at the Tràm Chim National Park in Đồng Tháp Province, and leisure tours at the white sandy beaches and islands of Kiên Giang Province. Car holiday In early September, Trần Sơn Hà from HCM City set out on a trip to the Mekong Delta with his family in a rented car for a two-day holiday. They first visited Bà Chúa Xứ Temple in An Giang’s Châu Đốc Town where dozens of other pagodas and temples can be found at the foot of… Read full this story
- 'Indus delta has shrunk by 92% since 1833'
- Delta orders 100 Airbus jets valued at over $12.7bn
- Pakistan in the global tourism industry
- Independent tourism authority demanded
- Mearns heritage trail launched hoping to cash in on V&A boom
- Thai tourism body says it opposes 'sex tourism'
- Will 2018 be the year Scottish tourism runs out of steam?
- Foreign visitors ‘key’ to North Somerset’s growth say tourism bosses
- Tourism bosses hope successful marketing campaign will attract more visitors to Suffolk
- Norfolk chef stunned by nomination for national Tourism Superstar award
- Relentless winter knocks Suffolk tourism confidence but future looks brighter
- CPEC will improve tourism services in the country
Tourism hopes for the Mekong Delta have 359 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 13, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.