Twitch is still the biggest name in video game streaming, but it just lost another one of its biggest stars. Michael “Shroud” Grzesiek announced that he will be moving exclusively to Microsoft’s Mixer platform, giving it another major reason for viewers to tune in.
In a Twitter video, Shroud announced that he’s “making moves” before his computer monitor displays the Mixer logo. It is a much lower-key video announcement than the one by Ninja, which featured a pseudo-press-conference with Ninja also playing several members of the audience.
— Michael Grzesiek (@shroud) October 24, 2019
The news comes just two days after Shroud’s previous livestream on Twitch. Less than a week ago, he was also still using his Twitch channel to promote a new look at Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but fans will have to ditch Twitch for Mixer in order to view any of his streamed content from now on.
The deal appears to only be for live content, as Shroud posted a YouTube video of his gameplay at the same time as his announcement went live. He typically uploads several of them each week, showing highlights in videos around 15 to 20 minutes in length.
Shroud is known for his time as a professional Counter-Strike: GO player, but he also plays a variety of other games on his channel. Most of them are shooters, including PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds and the Call of Duty series. He’ll presumably be focusing on Modern Warfare in the near future.
Microsoft has continuously tried to position Mixer as a more user-friend alternative to Twitch, with better quality options, interactivity with viewers, and even the potential to win prizes. During press events such as E3, Microsoft will award special “MixPots, to those who signed in to Mixer using the Microsoft account they also use for Xbox Live. Free games and other digital goodies have been awarded, including Rare Replay and Outer Wilds.
Mixer will only have an easier time getting viewers to tune in if it continues to snatch up exclusivity rights for big names like Ninja and Shroud. Where it may have more of an issue is with esports competitions, which have almost always favored Twitch over rival services.
- Ninja’s new streaming deal has been a mixed bag for Mixer and Twitch, data shows
- Everything that happened at TwitchCon 2019
- Ninja leaves Twitch for Mixer, says he’s getting back in touch with his roots
- Twitch gets new logo, brand redesign inspired by gamer community
- You can join a Twitch Plays livesteam of The Outer Worlds ahead of its release
- Shroud Reveals Call of Duty: Warzone's Biggest Problem Going Forward
- Mixer is getting a big update, and it includes a new look
- How Hiring a Superstar Wrecked New York City Opera
- Gaming's biggest names are ditching Twitch for $10 million contracts
- 'Call of Duty' Warzone Wednesdays Week 1 - Time, Bracket, Teams & How to Watch
- Video games in the time of Coronavirus
- Inside Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn’s ‘Making the Cut,’ Amazon’s Bid for an Escapist Fashion Franchise
- Disney Plus now streaming Frozen 2 in a coronavirus-coping surprise
- Payoffs, Threats, And Secret Marriages: How An Accused Preacher Is Fighting To Save His Empire
- Most valuable football players in world revealed with Lionel Messi down in EIGHTH as Kylian Mbappe leads list at £188m
- All The Nintendo Switch Games Announced During March's Indie World Stream
- All The Switch Games Announced During March's Indie World Stream
- All The Switch Games Announced In March's Indie World Stream
- 14 Tabletop Games to Play and Get You Through Coronavirus Self-Quarantine
- Disney Plus: Everything to know in the midst of coronavirus
- BAZ BAMIGBOYE: Judi Dench would gladly see a female secret agent on the big screen... as long as they don't play 007 because he's JAMES Bond
- Taylor Swift's pal Todrick Hall SLAMS Kim Kardashian after singer was branded LIAR by reality star over THAT phone call: 'I cannot stand this woman!'
- Neighbours turns 35! Here’s where its most iconic stars are now… from Hollywood to Holby City
- Line Of Duty pin-up Martin Compston loves wild night outs with Kasabian and pints with co-stars
- Prem stars including Ighalo, Carragher and Fernandes compete in Stay At Home Challenge with loo roll amid coronavirus
Superstar streamer Shroud joins Ninja, moves exclusively to Mixer have 699 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at October 24, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono.News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.