That was reported by the General Department on Natural Disaster Prevention and Control under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development yesterday. According to the department, natural disasters affected all 13 provinces and city in the Mekong Delta and complicatedly progressed. The entire region had about 512 riverside landslide spots with the total length of 566 kilometers. Of which, there were 59 extremely dangerous spots with the total length of 103 kilometers. In addition, the region had 52 coastline erosion spots with the total length of 268 kilometers. In the Southeastern region, natural disasters also affected six provinces and cities. Of these, Binh Phuoc and Dong Nai provinces were badly flooded due to heavy rains. Asides from that, there were 38 cyclones in the whole region, Tay Ninh province alone suffered 22 cyclones. Natural disasters have caused big property loss for people in the Mekong Delta since early 2019 (Photo: SGGP) The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development has organized three delegations to Kien Giang, Ca Mau and Ben Tre provinces to inspect and guide anti-landslide operations. The ministry has proposed the Prime Minister to provide VND1,720 billion ($73.99 million) in financial assistance for localities in the Mekong Delta to… Read full this story
- UNDP, Japan helps VN students deal with natural disasters
- Minister urges synchronous measures to deal with natural disasters
- Southern Vietnam hit by typhoon, brace for more bad weather
- Foreign-invested enterprises in southern Vietnam gearing up for CPTPP
- Google will give out $3 million in cash to victims after the next natural disaster in the U.S.
- Wildfires, the ‘Natural’ Disaster Caused by Humans
- Natural disasters cost $134 billion in 2013, report says
- Toronto’s July flood listed as Ontario’s most costly natural disaster
- Cockroach Labs raises $55 million for ultra-resilient databases
- Budderfly raises $55 million to cut companies’ energy bills
- Thanh Hoa strives to be more disaster resilient this rainy season
- Facebook AI researchers detect flood and fire damage from satellite imagery
Natural disasters bring about US$13.55 million damage in Southern Vietnam have 301 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at October 13, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.