The husband and wife named by MailOnline as the last known owners of the lorry carrying 39 migrants who froze to death were arrested today after police swooped on their £400,000 Cheshire home. Joanna Maher, 38, and her husband Thomas, also 38, from Warrington, are understood to have been held on suspicion of conspiracy to traffic people and on suspicion of 39 counts of manslaughter. Police tonight announced that a 48-year-old man from Northern Ireland has now also been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to traffic people and suspicion of manslaughter. He was arrested at Stansted Airport and it is the fourth arrest police have made into the investigation which was launched on Wednesday. At a press conference in Essex tonight, police said they had given an ‘initial steer’ as to the nationalities of the victims, but claimed that it was now a ‘developing picture’ and that they would not be drawn on detail until a full coroner’s report had taken place. The Maher’s had previously told MailOnline they sold the lorry cab a year ago to a company in Ireland – but police officers investigating the tragedy raided their property today before searching the couple’s beauty salon around the corner, New Hair… Read full this story
- Dead migrants 'left bloody handprints inside Essex lorry after banging for help'
- Trial of Truck Driver Accused of Killing 39 Vietnamese Migrants Told of Similar Incident in 2018
- Isle of Man braces for 'freedom weekend' blowout with crowds set to descend on island's pubs and bars after lockdown rules were lifted - as police warn revellers not too 'drink too much' and do something 'you'll regret'
- Incredible new details emerge from the funeral of Rebels bikie boss 'shot by a sniper' - including the heart-stopping moment someone screamed 'man down' sending chills through hundreds of gang members
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers 'formally charged with DUI' after he was arrested for crashing his car in Malibu and failing a sobriety test in November
- 'They sounded like Alf Garnett without the charm': Hatton Garden masterminds were caught by police talking about their part in the 'biggest tom in the history of the world'
- 'Analogue criminals operating in a digital world': Bumbling villains aged 442 were snared by 21st century police surveillance after £24million Hatton Garden heist
- Coronavirus live updates: Oakland airport debuts vending machines selling test kits
- Dems Squad members try to save the worst killers of all: Pressley and Bush demand Biden commutes sentences of all 49 federal prisoners on death row, including Charleston church shooter Dylan Roof and Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev
- Pregnant woman, 31, is killed alongside her partner, 37, while walking their dog in a horror hit-and-run with a stolen LandCruiser - as it is revealed alleged teenage driver was high on drugs and on bail for FIFTY charges
- Teaching unions push for an EVEN LONGER schools closure as they warn even March 8 could be 'too early' to return to the classroom
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers enjoys friendly chat with Mel Gibson as he's seen for the FIRST time since being 'formally charged with DUI' stemming from Malibu car crash in November
First pictures of haulage boss and his wife arrested on 39 counts of manslaughter over Essex death truck tragedy as police arrest fourth man, 48, from Northern Ireland at Stansted Airport have 501 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 25, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.